Crew "turkey day"??

Left Cali-forn-I-aye at noon. Nothing was open. The free hotel breakfast buffet looked like it had hosted a plague of locusts. Got to Southernville for my 1 hour break. Dined on a glorious Chick-fil-a sammich and cold waffle fries. Went to Mouseville for a 10 hour layover. Everything closed.

Senior enough to get it off, but no kids, so I might as well work so someone who does doesn't have to. I'll grab some Boston Market tomorrow and call it square.

Richman

I was in Mickeyville on a short respite from reserve on Thanksgiving but had to head back to DTW to cover a flight on friday morning.

I was in Mickeyville on a short respite from reserve on Thanksgiving but had to head back to DTW to cover a flight on friday morning.

Welcome to the D-T-W. Seems like every trip begins and/or ends with a penalty lap through Mouseville. I welcome the patronage of the passengers, which seems to be all year long.

That said, back in the day, when the earth was cooling, and dinosaurs roamed, the idea of the parental units taking me anywhere while the school year was in session was absolutely unthinkable. I had to be venting essential bodily fluids in catastrophic quantities before I got to stay home...and an unpleasant encounter with the grouchy old Doctor in the creepy 1950's strip mall normally ensued. Yet these days it seems to be "ain't no thing". Hrpmh.

Now you kids get off my lawn.

Richman

Back