Crew stuck In DR now free to leave

Also, is there any sort of precedent for an ALPA-sanctioned or some other form of organized operational boycott for situations like this? Got to imagine if pilots just refused to operate there until their brothers/sisters were freed, this would be resolved in a matter of hours. As someone who operates to DR (a lot), this story is very concerning.

Also, is there any sort of precedent for an ALPA-sanctioned or some other form of organized operational boycott for situations like this? Got to imagine if pilots just refused to operate there until their brothers/sisters were freed, this would be resolved in a matter of hours. As someone who operates to DR (a lot), this story is very concerning.

Same here. I feel like we should have just stopped service there until things got sorted out.

Same here. I feel like we should have just stopped service there until things got sorted out.

Giving pilots too much credit. You'll get a far louder outcry about, "they taking my 2-day DRs away!" Hmmpf!!

Never get between pilots and their convenience. We are way too big a bunch of whiney cry babies to have that sort of unity. Not to mention, ALPA has line pilots today that were scabs. Any real union would taken them out to the back of the barn and........

I'm simply asking, but wasn't ALPA required to take the CAL guys back as part of the agreement? I mean both of us were barely real humans at the time, but perhaps the old guys can splain it

Back