CI=300

I hate the fact that particular metric is part of an airliners flight plan. I understand why it is, but I don't like it.

A refreshing point of view to say the least.... (I have a VERY LARGE trump flag on My flagpole in front of My home as well) Along with an American flag. Its a shame that We have let our country descend into a quagmire that people would find this offensive...
What the literal hell does a flag have to do with aviation? You need to go bro… seriously… it’s time for you to leave and find a hobby more suited to your mental state… like stamp collecting.

I set CI 999 on go home leg or when we’re delayed.

I text message the dispatcher that I’m doing it and ask him to rerun the numbers and get an amendment

It’s nbd to change CI.

Not at all... Just throwing speculation out there. Never seen a 300 CI. And never sat up front on a 787 either.

Did you know on the A320, you can pull the Normal Law Protections circuit breaker (E7) and then set a cost index of 999. The airplane will set a cruise speed of Mach 1.2 and going through Mach 1.0 the wings will rip off and you’ll end up a smoking hole after falling 35,000 ft.

So dangerous!

I set CI 999 on go home leg or when we’re delayed.

I text message the dispatcher that I’m doing it and ask him to rerun the numbers and get an amendment

How often does that turn into having to wait 20 minutes for a gate or at least someone to throw sticks? That decides if it's a win. :)

Is there any data collection that could come back to haunt you or have the unions insured some protection in this area?

FOQA and it’s associated LOA between the company and the Union allow the company to access flight data and provides protection from it being used for disciplinary reasons.

If yougoogle FOQA LOA you can get the actual agreements of numerous airlines.

FOQA and it’s associated LOA between the company and the Union allow the company to access flight data and provides protection from it being used for disciplinary reasons.

If yougoogle FOQA LOA you can get the actual agreements of numerous airlines.

Makes sense. I'm familiar with FOQA. Wasn't sure if this data was covered. I guess it says something good about pilots that is hasn't been an issue.

Did you know on the A320, you can pull the Normal Law Protections circuit breaker (E7) and then set a cost index of 999. The airplane will set a cruise speed of Mach 1.2 and going through Mach 1.0 the wings will rip off and you’ll end up a smoking hole after falling 35,000 ft.

So dangerous!

@PeanuckleCRJ -

This is what we call here a “Sit B” and why you always bring your uniform to a line check. :)

So dangerous!
Rookie. The old school LearJet pilots would just pull the overspeed breaker and push the throttles up, occasionally one would get into Mach Tuck. 7 spars won't let the wings rip off so they'd just go supersonic as they met terra firma for the last time.

External to FOQA, the ACMS/FDIMU may have sent off an exceedance report to maintenance if you're bouncing off VMO/MMO.

If the operation of an individual flight leg warrants closer attention, only the union gatekeeper is capable of identifying the crew (depending on the agreement at your airline) or contacting the crew (always only the union gatekeepers). This contact is normally done to gain additional context -- the "whys" -- and optionally provide feedback to the crew (again, depending on things). Like the slide said, except for "criminal or deliberate acts," FOQA data is not available for enforcement actions.

Is that like the “AutoRat” on the bus? :)

Somewhere approaching 30W we got an ACARS about one of our SATCOMs failing checksum and was in the process of failing and how if we wanted to re-rack it, here are the instructions.

About a minute later: *BEEEEEENG* ”ECAM!”

External to FOQA, the ACMS/FDIMU may have sent off an exceedance report to maintenance if you're bouncing off VMO/MMO.

If the operation of an individual flight leg warrants closer attention, only the union gatekeeper is capable of identifying the crew (depending on the agreement at your airline) or contacting the crew (always only the union gatekeepers). This contact is normally done to gain additional context -- the "whys" -- and optionally provide feedback to the crew (again, depending on things). Like the slide said, except for "criminal or deliberate acts," FOQA data is not available for enforcement actions.
All of that is what an old man I knew called gobbledygook (gibberish). If you're not fighting a war or trying to win a race just fly it by the numbers.

Is that like the “AutoRat” on the bus? :)

Somewhere approaching 30W we got an ACARS about one of our SATCOMs failing checksum and was in the process of failing and how if we wanted to re-rack it, here are the instructions.

About a minute later: *BEEEEEENG* ”ECAM!”
Your airplane tells you how to 're-rack" a box in flight? That's pretty bold.

Your airplane tells you how to 're-rack" a box in flight? That's pretty bold.

Well, if you roll the captains seat forward, there’s a little hatch and a staircase that goes down into the belly of the airplane. And there’s a few server racks on the 330 that, if need be, you can perform certain resets if absolutely necessary.

The plane doesn’t instruct you to do that, but our data stream was showing that we were about to have a SATCOM failure.

Otherwise, that’d be some HAL9000 shizzle. “Processing…processing…I’ve just picked up a fault in the AE35 unit. It’s going to go 100% failure in 72 hours.”

And then the jet tries to murder us.

I watch far too many science fiction movies. Apologies.

Back