crew room

Being as I'm not an airline pilot (yet). I was wondering how nice the crew rooms in airports are? Are they actually nice to hang out in, or are they just chairs and computers. Also, does every airport have one or just the hubs?

Sisson2011, they are nothing special. A lot of them look like a hospital room. In some places like SFO they are often overcrowded and not even enough seats for the people in there. There is no free food or drinks in ours.

I usually drop my bag off and head upstairs to hang out with the passengers. A few people ask me for directions but not too many. I like it much better in the terminal, its nicer and cleaner than our crew rooms.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0127.jpg
    IMG_0127.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 222
We have a large screen TV, some couches, marble floors, and a pool table. Here's the area with the pool table:

PoolRoom.jpg

And the area with the TV:

o_theatre.jpg

At Eagle, NY is having issues.

The LGA/JFK co-domicile is already a joke in terms of crew rooms.

The JFK crew room is all-inclusive for all employees, and we have to beg for access from somebody that can let us in.

The LGA crew room no longer exists. In fact, the AA ground personnel moved in before the Eagle pilots had a new crew room at all. Construction has yet to begin on the crew room for LGA crewmembers, but the old crewroom we were ejected from now has satellite TV, not one, not two- but THREE coats of free paint, and a host of other amenities.

I really can't wait until the regime change in Washington is complete.

It's time to knuckle up and take back our profession.

Wow, marble flooring that looks like hardwood! :laff:

:)

Believe it or not, our crew room does actually have marble flooring in the entryway, it's one of the old club lounges. It's kind of nasty now, and even has some resident mice.

Not an airline pilot, but on the corporate side of things you also have extremes.

One day you can be in a beautiful Signatue/Millionair/Panorama with 60 inch plasma's, $5,000 dollar full body massage chairs, and all the free flavored coffee, pop corn, cookies (and sometimes ice cream) to boot! Quite the pleasurable experience!

On the other hand, you may end up at a small podunk FBO that closes at 4PM, an old analog tv with one working station, and the comfort of chairs which you swear were bought from some south dakota school board district surplus sale.

It all depends. Being part 91 is nice, as I get to chose which airport is best to go into, and you can be sure i'm taking the one with a nice fbo (and avtrip points!), whenever available!

Worst crew room IMO is Nantucket by the way. For the amount of traffic they do in the summer, its amazing they haven't done anything about the lounge. Two lazy boys, a couch, and a couple straight back metal chairs. At least both bathrooms have a shower in them!

Don't even get me started on pilots bringing their passengers in that damn crew lounge. Happens all the time :mad:

This is where the company expects 8 pilots to sit for 4 hours everyday. I guess it's better than last year, where we had a 1960s RV complete with rats, and no heat. Living the dream.

This is where the company expects 8 pilots to sit for 4 hours everyday. I guess it's better than last year, where we had a 1960s RV complete with rats, and no heat. Living the dream.

Holy moly! Is that at Scenic Airlines in Boulder City, NV???

You guys get free coffee and popcorn? I'll have to see if we can get that in our next contract.

Our crew rooms always smell like feet. They do have computers and chairs. If you're there early enough, you can snag a comfy one.

Did you ever get my nastygram a while back in your v-file?:p

AMS has a really nice crew center provided by KLM for the use of well anyone using the airport.

It is really big with a flight planning area, around 30-40 pc's with internet access.

A small cafe and several TV areas - oh and a secure area to place your luggage in

I usually prefer a quiet place in the terminal, typically the international terminal fits the bill, except at LGA where I go to gates 11-12.

Even with the "remodel" the LGA crew room reminds me of a maintenance closet; once I sign in I high tail it outta there. And the crew room in CLT, well, I'm not sure if that belongs to us or the ground crew.

Spent 2 hours in a rocking chair in terminal A in Philly today, it was quite nice.

The AirTran crew lounge is kind of disappointing. We have a ton of space, but they don't give us any decent furniture. The TV gets a bunch of channels, but it's still an old-school CRT TV. The quiet room is about to get a whole lot better, though, since we convinced the company to order a bunch of $700 leather recliners.

I think the worst crew area I have had to wait in has to be the freight area in CLE. It's an old run down single wide trailer that serves as an office and small waiting area for crews. The only bonus is, if you have a laptop and they are slow they will let you steal a Ethernet cable so you can surf while you wait.

Anyone know if MRT (old I78) is still pretty run down and has that old old old pickup as a crew car?

Anyone know if MESA, RAH, & Transtates are still sharing crew room in IAD? That place would be packed nightly for the sleepovers.
I sure had fun at those :sarcasm:

Yeah...half a concourse away is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO far.

Uh...is it?

It's further from the C-Spine than our current lounge.

As far as Soooooooo far away, I'm not familiar with that distance.

Just hope the Pinnacle boys and girls enjoy the space.

Todd,

BFE will be at the end of the north side of C.

Another great QOL enhancement.

As far as what IS BFE, check it out on urbandictionary.com

Back