Crash pilot who paused to pray is convicted

Wrong.
I can't find the article I read just a few days ago explaining in detail that the guy could have easily made the nearest airport but decided not to divert-from 23,000.
http://www.flightglobal.com/article...72-had-been-fitted-with-wrong-fuel-gauge.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7962082.stm

Fair enough, I got my data from the recording. I had been wondering if the recording was from the whole process, or just the end. I guess you've answered that.

Even with that in mind, though, I still don't think that the pilot praying had anything more than a negligible effect on the end result of the flight. The article you mentioned there shows that they were diverting to another airport on one engine, and that they didn't lose the other one till they were at 7000 feet. Assuming they were already heading in the direction of their divert airport, you still wouldn't be able to make the airport, praying or not.

Based on "Allah and Muhammad his prophet" yes I'd agree you'd be correct, however you only stated the "Allah" part which does not necessarily mean that he would have been Muslim, which is what I thought you were insinuating.

All of the articles I found did not include what was exactly said.
omg. We get it, you were wrong.

Based on "Allah and Muhammad his prophet" yes I'd agree you'd be correct, however you only stated the "Allah" part which does not necessarily mean that he would have been Muslim, which is what I thought you were insinuating.

All of the articles I found did not include what was exactly said.

Triple Fail.
Quit posting ignorance.

i'm not sure what side of the fence i fall on here, just thought i'd add a hypothetical question to the discussion.

what if the pilot of Aeroflot 593 had lived but still killed many of the passengers on his flight. this was the flight that crashed after the captain allowed his son to sit at the controls, unknowingly disconnect the autopilot, and effectively cause the plane to crash. it's hard to argue he was not negligent in this accident. so what if he had lived? should he have faced jail time?

Back