Crash pad shot up in MEM

Not good. WTF.

Some airlines and their crap- company HQ cities.
You’d think.

But the number of senior AA and UAL pilots who would stay at the “Quality” Inn O’Hare instead of the 4 Points to save $10 a night showed exactly how cheap some of them can be.

I mean I did it because I was making 10% their pay but man that place was gross.

I present you , the LAX Parking Lot B airline pilot RV park.

You’d think.

But the number of senior AA and UAL pilots who would stay at the “Quality” Inn O’Hare instead of the 4 Points to save $10 a night showed exactly how cheap some of them can be.

I mean I did it because I was making 10% their pay but man that place was gross.

People thought I was "hoity-toity" for staying at the Marriott in DTW because I was too snooty for Jack Kervorkians very own "America's Best Value Inn"

Maybe he didn't do enough in the " community development space around Memphis "

Ha, yeah - let's make fun of a guy who, in his retirement, tried to create jobs and improve the quality of life in his community. I bet you're waiting on Jimmy Carter to kill over too.

Ha, yeah - let's make fun of a guy who, in his retirement, tried to create jobs and improve the quality of life in his community. I bet you're waiting on Jimmy Carter to kill over too.
Nah, you're too dense, I'm not "making fun of a guy" I'm making fun of you, but it's all good natured, your liberal Post graduate education has imbued you with an attitude where you deflect, and no, JC is the best EX pres we've had, let him rest in peace.
ps its """keel over" not Kill over.

Nah, you're too dense, I'm not "making fun of a guy" I'm making fun of you, but it's all good natured, your liberal Post graduate education has imbued you with an attitude where you deflect, and no, JC is the best EX pres we've had, let him rest in peace.
ps its """keel over" not Kill over.

Fair. That one is somewhat close to home because my role often works hand in hand with economic development leaders. The guy who does my job for MEM was pretty close with him.

Tis’ unfortunately. You gotta get all the way out to Collierville to really get away from it. Germantown wasn’t bad either, which is where I stayed during training but it was certainly right on the edge. Again, it was the driving that nearly killed me on a daily basis. No escape from that

Damn! Germantown used to be FedEx captain central. That was the rich area twenty years ago.

Yeah, a former Pinnacle management guy was shot and killed there a few years back.

And many of us celebrated his death. Truly terrible individual.

You’d think.

Quality Inn? That’s high class. When I went to OBAP as a Virgin FO, I stayed at a Motel 6.

I have good friend who is a MX guy at FedEx, tells me stray bullets hitting vehicle in the parking lot is not a veryunusual occurrence. They've also had an incident (or two?) where a stray went through a window of one of the cafeterias there.

Not good. WTF.
Always sorry to hear of innocents being placed in harms way. No bueno. Still, only WTF if one hasn't been paying attention the last several decades. Falluja? OUR towns and schools ARE Falluja these days, intellectually and increasingly, physically.
But great to know "We'se Gots Our Riaaaaghts". Go 'Murica!!! What are we trying to protect, again??

Last edited:
You’d think.

Meanwhile I somehow was able to spring for the 4 points from time to time as a new hire regional FO making $36/hr 6 years ago...

Back