Crash pad shot up in MEM

This is terrible. I wondering if the house was targeted or a random act of violence.

Memphis has always been a festering crime hellhole, but it seems to be getting even worse.
It is truly the worst place I’ve ver had to spend time at in my life, thank god for getting based in ANC. The driving alone is something to behold. Its a near death experience every time you get on one of the highways or more trafficked off-highway routes.

It is truly the worst place I’ve ver had to spend time at in my life, thank god for getting based in ANC. The driving alone is something to behold. Its a near death experience every time you get on one of the highways or more trafficked off-highway routes.

Twenty years ago when I was there it was already bad, but you could at least escape it even as a poor person in places like Southaven that weren’t that far away. Now I understand that even that far out it’s pretty bad.

Twenty years ago when I was there it was already bad, but you could at least escape it even as a poor person in places like Southaven that weren’t that far away. Now I understand that even that far out it’s pretty bad.
Tis’ unfortunately. You gotta get all the way out to Collierville to really get away from it. Germantown wasn’t bad either, which is where I stayed during training but it was certainly right on the edge. Again, it was the driving that nearly killed me on a daily basis. No escape from that

FedEx pilots make way too much money to need to have a crash pad in a garbage part of an already terrible city...

You’d think.

But the number of senior AA and UAL pilots who would stay at the “Quality” Inn O’Hare instead of the 4 Points to save $10 a night showed exactly how cheap some of them can be.

I mean I did it because I was making 10% their pay but man that place was gross.

You’d think.

But the number of senior AA and UAL pilots who would stay at the “Quality” Inn O’Hare instead of the 4 Points to save $10 a night showed exactly how cheap some of them can be.

I mean I did it because I was making 10% their pay but man that place was gross.

And flying with those pilots is usually miserable because they hate their lives and job…

Last edited:
You’d think.

Hey now. I didn't mind staying at that QI back during the SureJet 'One List' days. The bar was open until 3am. ;) Those rooms were like freezers in the winter though.

Back