COVID Infection Rate, Pilots Vs Flight Attendants

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
A buddy at another airline tells me that pilots have 450% more COVID19 infections than flight attendants and far more than other employee groups.

Discuss, discuss.

Time spent in a locked metal closet with another person? Questionable cleaning of shared touchpoints? Low mask usage during flight? (I'm guilty of that too)

Or... a predominantly politically conservative group that is not acting safely in accordance with the recommendations of the healthcare community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, would like to see a source on that. Haven't flown since March so don't really know the landscape, are folks wearing masks in flight? My assumption is no, but can't really say I would fault them per se. Talking through a crappy Telex mic through a mask seems like a ton of fun.

Time spent in a locked metal closet with another person? Questionable cleaning of shared touchpoints? Low mask usage during flight? (I'm guilty of that too)
I can’t see flight attendants being 4-5 times better in any of these areas than pilots.

I figured the biggest numbers would have been flight attendants, then gate agents, then rampers then general admin but it wasn’t.

The figures show flight attendants with the lowest infection rate of all the other groups, but they’re exposed to way more people than pilots are.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand people wonder why I scrub down the cockpit, bring my own headset and ask very strangely strategic “getting to know you” questions when I get a brand new FO:

”Man, what a pain wearing these masks in public”

”I really don’t mind, I get it. All some guys do is bitch about it and bring up some stupid blog they read about the virus”

(Perfect!)

The figures show flight attendants with the lowest infection rate of all the other groups, but they’re exposed to way more people than pilots are.
$5 on stronger immune systems due to constant exposure to other people's sniffles.
The girl that runs the daycare we use was like "omg this flu season was horrible! Even I got flu the first time in like 8 years" - I'm bound to come out with a strand or two if I just visit that place for more than 5 mins.

A buddy at another airline tells me that pilots have 450% more COVID19 infections than flight attendants and far more than other employee groups.
I mean I'd imagine it's similar to that smirking sack of poop Asa Hutchinson. "Well the scientists were wrong."

Uhuh.
“But look at the death rates!!!!!!! They are down. Look at this link.” fakenewsbypoliticalgroupagainstmybeliefs.net
Yesterday was the single most deadly day in Texas.

It's "only 1-2%" until it's your 1-2%, I suppose.

I’d be willing to bet that the reason the numbers are what they are among pilots is the same reason why the numbers are what they are in places like Arizona, Florida, and Texas...if you catch my drift.
Without a doubt.

At AA pilots and Flight attendants have proportionately the same infection rate. For anyone at AA listen to the podcast push to talk on aapilots and they discuss the numbers.

Yesterday was the single most deadly day in Texas.

Yup. Abbott’s mask mandate was a few weeks too late. As soon as the order went into effect, it seemed like mask usage went from ~50% to 90%+, with a couple expected stubborn Karen’s (I got shamed by one for wearing a mask). If this had been done a week early....I bet it could have saved 500 people. All for the cost of....um...I’m sure Todd will let us know.

We’re going to have a rough week or two, then new cases will drop, then hospitalizations and deaths will drop. Would have been nice a little sooner.

Edit: you’re right Todd, this is pretty funny!

Yup. Abbott’s mask mandate was a few weeks too late. As soon as the order went into effect, it seemed like mask usage went from ~50% to 90%+, with a couple expected stubborn Karen’s (I got shamed by one for wearing a mask). If this had been done a week early....I bet it could have saved 500 people. All for the cost of....um...I’m sure Todd will let us know.

We’re going to have a rough week or two, then new cases will drop, then hospitalizations and deaths will drop. Would have been nice a little sooner.

Edit: you’re right Todd, this is pretty funny!
Death and destruction is positively hilarious.

Wait, no, it isn’t.

New stay-home orders, coming soon to a pisant red state nearest you.

It depends upon the circumstances. When I'm in Florida I do, because my parents are currently staying with me, and they're in their 70s. When I'm in Atlanta, I generally don't unless it's going to be a place where it's impossible to maintain sufficient distance between myself and others.

Thats...literally what you’re supposed to be doing. Figured that your whole schtick was all about attention, it appears I was correct.

Back