Corvus

D

Deleted member 27505

Anyone fly for Corvus who is willing to discuss? QOL? QOPilots? QOManagement? QOMaintenance? QOSanity? Lines? Flight time/month? Living in Anchorage on limited shekels? General feelings of Bliss? Dread? Etc?

Ugh - no. Why don't you go to Grant (I can tell you more if you'd like, I work there part time) they'll fly you to and from home so you don't have to live here in Stankorage!

From talking with my friends at Corvus they all like it. Pay is good, home ever night. They don't fly a lot though.

I'm surprised at Pat's response: I've not worked for Grant, but know folks who have, and they didn't have a lot of good things to say about the equipment. Like, it's really rough. Rough, even by bush standards. Maybe things have changed in the last few months. Their pilot houses in BET were wrecks, and Emo was even worse. I always had good interactions with their pilots. Like all bush operators, they have their share of pilots who have a checkered background. Like other bush operators, they have some pilots who have been there for years and years.

I've had many interactions with Corvus pilots, and they've been largely positive. There are definitely FOs who grumble about the slow pace of upgrades, and I can understand their frustration. I think that's the gripe I've heard most frequently. As an FO you'll get to fuel the plane in the mud in KSM (definitely NOT fun) and in the winter you may have to fuel in some pretty cold, unpleasant weather. That's part of bush flying, though. You'll also get to see polar bears in places like Point Hope and Barrow, do fire charters all over the state, and fly approaches under some fairly challenging conditions. The legs aren't super long, and as someone already mentioned, you get to sleep in your own bed every night. Anchorage is expensive compared to lots of towns Outside, and it's not for everybody, but I've found things to like about it (and you could hang out with Pat :) ). Haven't heard any complaints about the equipment. Also, if you talk to Corvus FO V.D. expect to hear a litany of complaints: that's his modus operandi.

My buddy there seems to like it.
The only thing I've heard from him that is an omfg, someone needs to fix this before they crash another, is they use their safety reporting system as a tattletale and punitive system.

My buddy there seems to like it.
The only thing I've heard from him that is an omfg, someone needs to fix this before they crash another, is they use their safety reporting system as a tattletale and punitive system.

This alone would be enough reason for me to run like hell.

Back