Cool/Weird ?

Tangodelta29

On a flight I recently took to my vacation I asked the pilot at the end of the flight if I could check out the flight deck, he said sure and to come on in. I sat down and noticed that the first officer was already gone, and the captain was packing his stuff very fast. I think he said he was in a rush to get home, but before I knew it, he told me goodbye and I found myself sitting there in the cockpit, alone. :confused:

Don't get me wrong, it was very interesting and I was fascinated. It just seemed so random, literally 30 seconds after I got in he left and I was alone. Is there a rule against leaving someone unattended or anything? The last thing I want to do is get someone in trouble or anything, but I'm curious. I didn't stay long after that because it just felt awkward lol.

thanks!

YIKES!!! That guy is a bonehead.

haha yeahh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt a out of the ordinary. I mean what If I knew how to do something? Like start an engine, or what if I didn't know how to do anything and I hit something by accident?

I dunnnoo..

He was probably so focused on making a flight home, he wasn't thinking. Maybe he thought the FO was still there. Who knows? BUT, that was a definite no-no on his part. Seriously, some of you guys get "possessed" when packing your stuff and high-tailing it off the a/c trying to make a flight home. I swore if me or the pax didn't move quick enough, we'd have been knocked over by one of you guys! :panic:

He was probably so focused on making a flight home, he wasn't thinking. Maybe he thought the FO was still there. Who knows? BUT, that was a definite no-no on his part. Seriously, some of you guys get "possessed" when packing your stuff and high-tailing it off the a/c trying to make a flight home. I swore if me or the pax didn't move quick enough, we'd have been knocked over by one of you guys! :panic:

What got me is when he actually said "its all yours buddy" implying I was alone.

yeah i would probably keep that information to yourself, never know who may see this and ruin that CA whole day.

Yea, sometimes commuter guys get so wrapped up in catching that last flight, that I feel bad saying anything about my post flight other than "yup, looks good." Sometimes Ill be only half way around the plane and I see the Captain walking/running away from the plane.

Are you sure the FO wasnt outside just doing a walk around? I know alot of times Ill get off the plane before PAX to start it.

Was the flight attendant still on board? Gate agent around? The captain assumed that it was a quick plane swap and the new crew would be on board any minute.

If you were really left by yourself in the cockpit, TSA would probably have the crew's a$$es.

If you were really left by yourself in the cockpit, TSA would probably have the crew's a$$es.

You would think, but the last time we called TSA, the GSO, United Ops, and our company, it took about an hour before we got someone out to take care of our situation. Pretty sad really.

Back