Cool/Weird ?

You would think, but the last time we called TSA, the GSO, United Ops, and our company, it took about an hour before we got someone out to take care of our situation. Pretty sad really.

Thats because tsa is to busy strip searching little old ladies looking for bombs, and making sure flight crews dont have any nail clippers in their bags. you what kind of damage a pilot could with a nail clipper!

I saw the FO get off right off the bat, when the CA left, I was alone in the cockpit, I mean there was still one FA in the cabin helping people off. But it wasn't like he was looking into the cockpit keeping an eye on me.

This flight landed at 11:55pm ish so I'm not sure that there would be another flight right afterward. I didn't see anyone in the terminal for another flight, or another crew.

It wasn't a commuter airline, I'd say it was a well known airline, and a pretty common a/c. (I know... not exactly helpful)

Like I said, it felt out of place after about 15 seconds, so I left...

Something like this happened to me last year in AMS. After we arrived, I asked the lead F/A if I could go up to the cockpit, and he let me. When I got there, the pilots were all gone. It was just me there....

Hehehehe :crazy:

as sketchy and wrong as it may be, I'm still gunna say thats pretty cool that you were up there alone. :)

Thats because tsa is to busy strip searching little old ladies looking for bombs, and making sure flight crews dont have any nail clippers in their bags. you what kind of damage a pilot could with a nail clipper!

While we're ragging on TSA... my favorite pastime

I was traveling yesterday with a coworker that accidentally printed off my boarding pass instead of his. The TSA "screener" was too busy thinking of 'cool' ways to say 'enjoy your flight' that he failed to see his name didnt match his license... worthless security theatre at its best.

And oh ya, I havent taken my bag-o-liquids out of my bag in weeks and still havent been stopped.

The flight attendent was still in the cabin which means that the aircraft is still attended. As long as a flight crew member is still there meets the definition of attended aircraft. This flight was probably the last flight of the night so more than likely maintenace crews were likely going over the outside of the aircraft and waiting for passengers to deplane. During this time the Captain and First Officer felt that the airplane was secure and departed quickly. No problem here, no laws violated.

Knowing that no law was violated is good to know, but knowing that no law was violated is a little concerning.

So can we take this to the next level... say I "a random passenger" started an engine, or screwed something up, or did something dangerous. What would happen? Would I get in trouble? Would the flight crew? How can there be no law about leaving a stranger behind a half closed cockpit door on an A320?

Because the aircraft was attended. I myself would have said too you I am sorry I don't have the time to show the cockpit as I pulled the door shut and locked it. Either way, you would be on here complaining the pilot didn't let you see the cockpit and was rude. The Captain gave you the benefit of the doubt that you wouldn't do something stupid and let you see the cockpit. Now you are on here telling the world he left you alone. How could the Captain win in this situation? What would make you happy?

-If I wanted to tell the world I would tell the media, I would tell you the flight number, and I would tell you the airline.

-I was very specific in not doing this. I clearly stated that I would feel guilty if I did.

-I have been denied seeing the cockpit after flight 2 of the last 3 times. There were no posts about me complaining.

-I didn't look at this as a win or lose situation for the Captain... he went home, end of story.

- I was curious as to whether what happened was legal. That means I asked a question, and had to briefly explain the situation, not complain about it.

Now that you came along and told me the laws and how this works, I am glad but just had more questions, because to me there are so many ridiculous laws in aviation that I'm surprised this is not one of them.

I don't appreciate the jumping to conclusions.

For a "newbie," he sure has come on here with guns-a-blazin'. :D Not sure how 68 hours in a 172 equates to being an expert on the subject, so I'm curious. ;)

BTW, Tango, you asked a legitimate question and had the good taste to not want to get anyone (the CA, in this case) in trouble. If I had to guess, I'd say it was just a brain fart. :eek:

For all people, young and old who will be denied a view at the cockpit in the future because of my question being spread around the world, I am sorry.

If your a CA, I'd like to say that I'm ashamed and hope you don't think any less of me.

Thanks, that's what I was going for. But apparently it was a pretty serious violation of human trust.

... so just in case anyone else feels the same. :whatever:

He is not backing down. I didn't read his reply as a backdown. I read his reply as sarcasm which is not unappreciated. I know as well as he that it will take a lot more than his question and this thread to deny people access to the cockpit. As for me, I used to sit to the right of the Captain in a 50 seat regional jet. I left the cockpit to return to an industry that pays for my skills and talent. I know enough to know that the TSA doesn't want anyone in the cockpit when the flight deck crew is not present.

The request to see the cockpit should have been denied and the cockpit door locked. That would have been the end of story.

Okay look man, I wanted to know what the written laws said. That's all. Read my first post in the thread. This was curiosity and curiosity alone. If you knew me you would know that being disrespectful and betraying is the last thing on my agenda.

You may have locked me out at first glance...okay. :confused:

But you answered my question about the law, so thank you.

All I did was add that I think its crazy that there is no law.

Back