Cool ETOPS images

My first crossing, we were 180. The Dispatcher still gave us 3 Alternates, even though the weather at KEF was less than ideal (legal, but less than ideal). Sometimes, it makes it easier to file 180 minutes. Not too bad if the plane is completely clean. Plus, it means extra gas, which is always good.
That's good. Dispatched as 180 over the Atlantic is fine if it's treated/planned as 120 if able. Actually, it's probably preferable for the extra gas and route flexibility (as you said).

Some companies, particularly ones that don't have much ETOPS experience, often don't see it that way.

That's good. Dispatched as 180 over the Atlantic is fine if it's treated/planned as 120 if able. Actually, it's probably preferable for the extra gas (as you said).

Some companies, particularly ones that don't have much ETOPS experience, often don't see it that way.

I will say that in learning our International ops, that we're pretty good at it. We learned from Piedmont and Piedmont learned from TWA.

Listening to the way we used to do it vs. the New American wAAy, we had quite involved oceanic procedures. I even asked one of my instructors if AA was doing too little or we were doing too much. Either way, I think we cross the Atlantic pretty well.

I will say that in learning our International ops, that we're pretty good at it. We learned from Piedmont and Piedmont learned from TWA.

Listening to the way we used to do it vs. the New American wAAy, we had quite involved oceanic procedures. I even asked one of my instructors if AA was doing too little or we were doing too much. Either way, I think we cross the Atlantic pretty well.
Lots of institutional knowledge is nice... My two international jobs have been at companies that operated 3+ engine jets until fairly recently...

But, I digress.

Lots of institutional knowledge is nice... My two international jobs have been at companies that operated 3+ engine jets until fairly recently...

But, I digress.

Luckily, USAir has always been twins over the Atlantic and my fleet was the pathfinder. It was pretty awesome to look at the Airworthiness Certificate and see it was a -201 (PI's customer code).

If youve gotta misspell it to get past the censor, or potentially, maybe it's not appropriate.

Besides, I'm still befuddled why that's a bad word. Like calling someone a "Colonoscopy" -- if you need one, isn't that a good thing?

I don't know who you are talking about, but it really isn't copacetic to call people a "doosh" in @Derg's living room.
If youve gotta misspell it to get past the censor, or potentially, maybe it's not appropriate.

Besides, I'm still befuddled why that's a bad word. Like calling someone a "Colonoscopy" -- if you need one, isn't that a good thing?

Took it right from a thread title.

http://forums.jetcareers.com/threads/heads-up-d-bag-alert.211424/

Edit to add: And it's been on PG13 TV for a while now. So I figured it was safe. My apologies.

Soooo...what you're saying is, we can totally say "Colonoscopy" here? However "Colostomy bag" is waaaaay worse than D bag. When I worked at the jail guys would get in fights when one guy had to "empty" his bag in the cell. I think I would've fought too.

So are we going with Colostomy or Colonoscopy?

I can't help but think of Charles Lindbergh who, when asked if he was worried about his engine failing on the way across, supposedly responded "I don't worry about my heart stopping, why should I worry about my engine failing?"

Luckily, USAir has always been twins over the Atlantic and my fleet was the pathfinder. It was pretty awesome to look at the Airworthiness Certificate and see it was a -201 (PI's customer code).
Don't y'all have an big A340 model sitting on a stand outside the classrooms in Phoenix? :) (I know it was close but, ultimately didn't happen)

A lot more 737s are flying out there that are ETOPs certified than Airbus 319s/320s!

Just want to bring that up for the Airbus A319/A320 Fan Club that @Derg and @PeanuckleCRJ started.

Ah yes, the beloved single-aisle five-hour flight (turn right for First Class). Is that because the 737 requires the extra effort of ETOPS certification to find a profitable niche compared to the flexibility of the A320 family? (I am enjoying this much.)

Ah yes, the beloved single-aisle five-hour flight (turn right for First Class). Is that because the 737 requires the extra effort of ETOPS certification to find a profitable niche compared to the flexibility of the A320 family? (I am enjoying this much.)

If anything is shows the flexibility of the 737 family. You can run it between DEN to OMA or SFO to OGG. Either way it will make you money.

The 757 was the same way. Just a longer tube. Oh so fun being stuck in the back in 42A for a 6 hour flight.

Back