Congrats mhcasey!!!

frog_flyer

FredFlyer
Mike just got word that he's been hired to fly F-16s (and F-35s c. 2020) in the Air Force Reserve.

Congrats again, dude. Enjoy Texas while you can.

This guy's hot ####. FIRST INTERVIEW gets hired to fly Vipers!

Re: Congrats mcasey!!!

Nice :). I know a guy who flew F-15s and now a couple of my friends have been "OK"d to be pilots (they are attending USAFA). I'm not sure what they will be assigned to, but I hope at least one of my friends can brag they cruise at 1000 mph.

Now, see, I wasn't going to post anything about it, but when he called me last night (okay, texted) I got some funny looks from people. Was picking my girl up at the airport and parking the car, and let out a massive YAWP! (yeah, I said it...yawp...deal with it) before frantically stabbing the callback button.

But since you outed him....

Outfreakinstanding, Casey. Way to go.

Now. Please. With sugar on top. Will you get your arse down to Austin for a few months so I can work on my IR ticket? Please?

Hell of a plane.

Don't pull too many G's that your bum hurts... heard those stories from the older f16 guys...

What was the process like?

and congrats :)

I now officially hate you and Frog_Flyer!!! And the girl I know who will be flying C-130's for Niagara Falls AFB. Seriously, congrats and let us live life vicariously through you.

PS - I just found out that they accept laser eye surgery now, a year after procedure was done. Never heard about that until now or I would have applied...will be 29 in a month so I am past the cutoff:(

PS - I just found out that they accept laser eye surgery now, a year after procedure was done. Never heard about that until now or I would have applied...will be 29 in a month so I am past the cutoff:(

Look into age waivers.

Re: Congrats mcasey!!!

I hope at least one of my friends can brag they cruise at 1000 mph.

FWIW, fighters don't "cruise" at 1,000 mph. The *fastest* I've been in 2,000 hours of flying fighters is about 780 mph (683 KCAS) down low, and M1.6 up high (doesn't translate directly to an airspeed in MPH, but it was about 260 knots indicated).

Back