Congrats mhcasey!!!

Oustanding.[/ready2fly]

Good to see a fellow austinite and longhorn doing great things. Now don't mess it up :)

Is this a temp ART job or can you keep it as long as you want?

Not sure about "as long as I want," but it sounds like it will be a while. They want to put me on "seasoning" orders until I can upgrade to IP too, so I wouldn't have to take such a devastating paycut going to GS-9 right away.

So long as we don't have to hear anything about Texas ;)

Brace yourself now my friend.

You got my number? Give us a call!

No but PM me or I'll get in touch with you guys. I saw the announcement for the ski and greet...I'm planning on heading out there after my FC1 physical at Brooks (hopefully the week after Christmas).

Good to see a fellow austinite and longhorn doing great things. Now don't mess it up :)

Alchemy...Austinites and Longhorns do not mess things up. There's nothing to worry about.

How long does it usually take to upgrade to IP?

In a normal fighter squadron, it takes about 2-3 years and about 800 -1,000 hours.

Up until recently, it was VERY RARE for anyone on their first tour to become an IP. Given the increase in flying hours due to the GWOT and the shortage of experienced pilots in operational units, there has been a huge increase in the number of first-tour IPs on active duty.

In my first squadron, there was *one* guy that did it. In my current squadron, there are *four*.

Hey thanks for the thread revival fellas. I'll let you guys know in April when I get start dates from AFRC.

Back