Congrats Lieutenant Frogflyer!

Big congrats!! I'm a little jealous to be honest. :) That is something I wish I had done. You know what they say about hindsight. . .

Yes. Don't suck.

On the contrary...just don't suck so bad that you get kicked out. If you suck just enough, you'll be like Frogflyer and be an "OT 2LT" with zero responsibilities except for maybe picking up the beer on the way to the lake every weekend!!!

Seriously though, just don't take anything there too seriously. Do your job and stay quiet. There are some good dudes there and there are also some gigantic dbags. The bottom line: Help your bros, play the game, and you'll be onto bigger and better things before you know it.

Oh, and plan on like 8 cumulative hours of sleep your first week...

It almost sounds like you guys enjoyed your time at Maxwell . . . .

See above.

Big congrats!! I'm a little jealous to be honest. :) That is something I wish I had done. You know what they say about hindsight. . .

:yeahthat:

Nice job, guys! Congrats on your accomplishment. Now go kick some butt in IFS/UPT!

Congrats, el-tee!

Q: Why are a second lieutenant's bars gold?

A: To tell them apart from the officers.

:D

Just remember, those butterbars are like a private ticket: it's a license to learn.

Congrats, LT.

Just remember. A new O-1 knows about as much as a new E-1, he's just better paid.

;)

How does that saying go? "Whats the difference between an O-1 and an E-1? The O-1 thinks he knows, the E-1 knows better." ;)

A big congratulations to you FF, but don't you be thinking I'm going to call you sir. :) :beer:

HolyNecropostingBatman.jpg

On the contrary...just don't suck so bad that you get kicked out. If you suck just enough, you'll be like Frogflyer and be an "OT 2LT" with zero responsibilities except for maybe picking up the beer on the way to the lake every weekend!!!

Was Frogflyer really an OT 2LT? I already have more respect for him :D

Was Frogflyer really an OT 2LT? I already have more respect for him :D

OT 2LT all the way. And I almost made DG to boot! Although, it sounds like Reservists are DG at Maxwell schools no matter what.. :)

I had absolutely zero responsibility as an upperclassman. I had a crappy flight job but it didn't require more than an hour or so a day.

I highly recommend not standing out at OTS. Don't be a hero like mhcasey and be a flippin' OT LTC squadron commander. Although, I'm sure it was cool to have your name announced as you lead your squadron around the parade field. Or not. :clap:

Holy necroposting, batman! Thanks for the congrats.

LOL! :D What are AOCS candidates referred to as in the Navy?
Poopie and later OC. I specifically, was the "fat pregnant one"... Spent a year underchallenged in grad school before I went and I had a little bit of a beer gut. Helped me float well in the swimming stuff.

Back