Compass growing soon?

We haven't been told of any specific swap of 200s for 900s at Pinnacle.

"Bombardier's 76-seat CRJ900 also is competing for the order, which will replace many of the 50-seat regional jets operated by Delta's regional partners, including Compass Airlines and Pinnacle Airlines."

So they are going to trade that one 200 that they no longer fly or more 175s. Talk about a deal. It would be the first time I've ever heard of delta doing a 1:70 trade.

They domt have the CRJ200 anymore. Northwest purchased the operating certificate from Independance Air when they started Compass, not sure if the CRJ2 came from Indy Air though...

I just interviewed with them yesterday. Unfortunately I did not make the cut. The tests did me In. I was bummed, I've been studying my butt off for the last three weeks.

A friend of mine just interviewed a few days ago, also didn't make the cut, but they were told not to expect any new-hire classes until Summer.

I studied the Delta Gouge. Did not help me though. It was not the Job Knowledge Test that threw me off. It was the Cog test. I made quite a few errors on more than one of the "games" and I'm pretty sure thats what DQed me. Then there was a question I did not even finish because I ran out of time. It was, there are 580 seniors in a high school class. Seventy percent of them graduate. Of those, thirty percent go to college. How many students go to college? Without a pencil and paper or calculator, this was going to take me longer then the (what felt like) 20 seconds i had to answer. I had 70 percent of 580 figured out in my head and it went on to the next question. I was pissed. That did not help either. If it skips to the next question, stay calm and focus on the current question. Don't dwell on the last one because there is nothing you can do to change your answer.

Also the cog test takes into account how fast you can answer the questions. I was being too careful on being 100 accurate. I should of been answering quicker.

I also did not fully understand one of the games. and I got the first five wrong right off the bat before I realized what I was doing wrong. Stupid on my part. I should of read the directions more carefully. So if you go to take these tests. Read the instructions VERY carefully.

The good news is that I have thought about what I was doing wrong and I thought of some strategies that will help if I ever get another interview. That being said, they would not tell me what i did poorly on or which test I failed. All they told me is I can reapply in 6 months. Oh well I'm off to Republic November 1st for the Q400. No more Pinnacle, YAY!

Actually, the -200 came from the desert, then it went to Mesaba. There were actually 2 of them. 9E was going to fly those two plus more pulled from the desert by NWA, but we didn't sign the crappy contract management wanted. That triggered language in the ASA with NWA that sent those planes to Mesaba as punishment for us not caving. It was spring of 07 and we couldn't staff them anyway. I was glad to see them go since it cut back on junior man calls.

I just interviewed with them yesterday. Unfortunately I did not make the cut. The tests did me In. I was bummed, I've been studying my butt off for the last three weeks.

Sorry to hear man.
The test is something else for the cog screen, and i can imagine getting an oops on one thing and it domino effecting to the others based on the reaction portions.

There was a poolie email saying January last week...

When i started in Nov 2010, they told us 1st day of class that we would probably be the last bunch of new hires for awhile.
They ended up continuing to hire.

I think someone is spinning a hire/dont hire wheel in an office somewhere at every airline.

Then again, i've been off for a few days in a row, maybe when i'm back at work sunday there will be news.
But based on what i heard in recurrent last week-they were still picking people out of the pool and starting classes in addition to building the pool.

From what I understand, the interview process for Compass is the same as Delta's because of the old flow agreement. When Compass was originally set up by North West Airlines, they only wanted to hire people at Conpass who could pass the testing process at North West because eventually those pilots would flow up to NWA.

Most airlines, all four I have intervied with, have some sort of cog test like a wonderlic test. Personally I think it's a funny indusutry when a company can be that picky for a $24 an hour, entry level job. Oh well...

When i started in Nov 2010, they told us 1st day of class that we would probably be the last bunch of new hires for awhile.
They ended up continuing to hire.

I think someone is spinning a hire/dont hire wheel in an office somewhere at every airline.

Then again, i've been off for a few days in a row, maybe when i'm back at work sunday there will be news.
But based on what i heard in recurrent last week-they were still picking people out of the pool and starting classes in addition to building the pool.
Were you told the classes would be around January?

Back