Compass Airlines

Jim Vejr

Hey guys, I was wondering if I could get some more info beyond what's provided on APC; Such as base senority, quality of life, typical trips, and so forth.

Thanks!

Hey guys, I was wondering if I could get some more info beyond what's provided on APC; Such as base senority, quality of life, typical trips, and so forth.

Thanks!

Ask away! There are a few of us from Compass on here. Your questions are vague but I'll answer any more specific questions you have.

@PropDriver Great thanks! If you don't mind answering, where are you based? What are you're typical trips in terms of legs and overnights? Are you able to elaborate on the LAX base more than what has been released to the press in terms of DL and AA flying? I'm just trying to get a more in depth idea about Compass in general.

Thanks very much!

Last edited:
@PropDriver Great thanks! If you don't mind answering, where are you based? What are you're typical trips in terms of legs and overnights? Are you able to elaborate on the LAX base more than what has been released to the press in terms of DL and AA flying? I'm just trying to get a more in depth idea about Compass in general.

Thanks very much!

Sorry for not replying. I hope it isn't too late. I'm based in MSP right now but I'll be in LAX in not too long. Trips vary between 1-5 days, usually a good mixture of all. I bid four day trips and they usually are 1 or 3 legs and day 1, 2 legs on days 2-3, and 1 or 3 legs on day 4. Sometimes a 4 leg day.

LAX is the most junior base and it's growing. Personally, I don't think all the AA flying will be done by LAX crews or in the LAX hub. But it won't matter, you'd still move up quickly out there. I'm not sure what else there is to elaborate on. It's a pilot base like any else.

How hard you think it would be to commute from Des Moines if I had LAX as a base which I assume I would being a nire hired?

How hard you think it would be to commute from Des Moines if I had LAX as a base which I assume I would being a nire hired?
It wouldn't be fun. There's FedEx if you had to. Compass starts 4x a day DFW-LAX in November so that would help if you could get to DFW. With the amount of movement there's going to be, it won't take too long to hold MSP. It's possible you could hold MSP before you finish training.

Back