Compass Airlines Raises First Year Pilot Pay to $35.81 per Flight Hour

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
Compass Airlines has agreed to increase pay and benefits for some of its 720 pilots.
The contract amendment hikes pay 40 percent for first-year first officers from $25.54 per flight hour to $35.81, a spokeswoman said. The new contract also gives four paid hotel stays per month to commuting pilots, who had none before the change.

The changes took effect Nov. 1 after the Minneapolis-based carrier and its pilot union agreed to open the May 2014 contract for amendments.

Compass Airlines CEO Rick Leach called the new deal "mutually beneficial."
"This agreement gives Compass the tools it needs to remain competitive in the regional airline marketplace," he said in a news release.
"The recent mediated settlement agreement has addressed a number of issues that will improve all our pilots' quality of life," Compass Air Lines Pilots Association group leader Anthony Zerafa said in the joint statement.
Compass pilots fly Embraer 170 and 175 regional jets for Delta Air Lines Inc. as Delta Connection and American Airlines as American Eagle. Based out of Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, the carrier has crew bases in Minneapolis, Los Angeles and Seattle.
Compass says it averages more than 220 daily North American flights serving more than 4 million passengers a year. The carrier is adding 20 Embraer 175 aircraft to its fleet this year, which it expects will increase passenger traffic by 36 percent between 2015 and 2016.

http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2015/12/compass-airlines-gives-first-year.html

I have a feeling that this will slowly become the new norm with regional airlines. It may take a couple years for some to get on board, but I do think it will be the new norm.

When did Skywest come out with their $30 contract? Their recruiters sure are drinking kool-aid at telling me that it's the best in the regionals, even AFTER Republic raised theirs. Unless they are going to start competing with this.

I'm guessing that Compass will be dropping their 10K signing bonus? If yes, then it is a wash in pay. Just moving the money around to a different place. The commuter hotels is a bonus.

I'm guessing that Compass will be dropping their 10K signing bonus? If yes, then it is a wash in pay. Just moving the money around to a different place. The commuter hotels is a bonus.

Yes, they dropped it. And no, it's not a wash. Flying the minimum number of hours makes it a wash. But from what I'm told, it's pretty easy to get more time than min gaurentee.

Would have been awesome if they kept the 10k signing bonus AND raised the pay. But at least it's a step in the right direction.

Good news: now let's insist on $60 per hour. If they can settle on $35 an hour, surely they can afford much better and still stay in business.

Would have been awesome if they kept the 10k signing bonus AND raised the pay. But at least it's a step in the right direction.

Then they would be roughly on par with some other DCI carrier....

Still a great win though! I really hope we can get some sort of hotel deal out of our current happenings even though I'm not a commuter. Might help me pick up open time out of base or something.

Back