Commercial manuevers in 150?

farwellbooth

Can I learn with instructor Chandelles, Lazy 8s etc. in a 150? Is climbing or lack there of a problem for the manuevers? thanks

I did them in a 152. You won't get spectacular performance out of a chandelle, but that's not the point. You're taking THAT airplane to the extent of ITS limits. Plus it's cheap!

Dave

You can't maintain airspeed / altitude in banks in excess of around 55*; but that dosen't matter because you can't do them in excess of 60* anyways.

Otherwise it's the same as any other plane

After demonstrating LAZY-8s to my examiner, he said, "Now let me show you how we used to do them". He took the controls and really impressed me. He did them with 85+ degrees of bank. So smooth and coordinated, that you could have been pouring a glass of wine in the back seat.

[ QUOTE ]
After demonstrating LAZY-8s to my examiner, he said, "Now let me show you how we used to do them". He took the controls and really impressed me. He did them with 85+ degrees of bank. So smooth and coordinated, that you could have been pouring a glass of wine in the back seat.

[/ QUOTE ]

What were you in?

You don't need parachutes for flight tests. But that dosen't matter because you can't exceed 60* bank in anything other than aerobatic or utility.

Must have been the turbulents.
blush.gif

Back