Comm. SE/CFI SE ATL

LucasM

Next week I have my Comm. SE and CFI SE check rides in ATL next week, I assume at FTY. Has anybody else done their rides there? I talked with Marty and she said that I fly all my 7 hours of prep and then take both rides in the same day. Anybody have any gouge or suggestions? Thanks

Next week I have my Comm. SE and CFI SE check rides in ATL next week, I assume at FTY. Has anybody else done their rides there? I talked with Marty and she said that I fly all my 7 hours of prep and then take both rides in the same day. Anybody have any gouge or suggestions? Thanks

As marty said. You do it all in one day. Two different checkrides. Other then that all I can say is dont take it like a joke. Many are or had the attitude, "its a single engine" and in my time we had a lot of students BUST on CSEL/CFI single. They get so use to flying the multi and forget how to fly a cessna. So my only advice is to take it as serious as anything you had before if not more. And remember how sensitive the cessna is. RIGHT RUDDER and flare!

Yeah i'm taking it seriously, I sometimes rent a 172 from a local FBO just for fun or whatever to stay current. I'm going to rent it and run through the commercial manuvers and get a feel for the 172 again.

Yeah i'm taking it seriously, I sometimes rent a 172 from a local FBO just for fun or whatever to stay current. I'm going to rent it and run through the commercial manuvers and get a feel for the 172 again.

GOOD! :) You would be surprised how many dont take it seriously! With that attitude you will do fine.

If your doing it out of FTY then you have two good instructors. Their are three DPE's that you might end up using. 1. Is Mr. Clyde Shelton. He's a pretty easy going guy on the CFI SE and comm. SE rides but you have to know what your doin. 2. Is Joey Sanders and he is about the same a Clyde. 3. Is Bob Howell who can be a pain the in butt sometimes. Anyways, if you have any questions like me know. I went to ATP at FTY and know both the instructors there.

Thats good, makes me feel a little bit better. What did you use to study with? I've been reading the Jeppesen Instrument/Commercial book to try to grasp these new maneuvers, and the Comm. PTS. I guess I should study up on the Cessna POH to, eh? ;)

One my checkride I had to teach 3 maneuvers and then talk about systems, after that the oral was pretty much done. Clyde is pretty easy in the air too. Study the maneuvers a lot and study the POH.

I trained in atl, had checkrides with all three dpe's. Make sure you know your poh. Train with Jon G. if you get the chance, a good friend of mine, signed me off for more than one ride. PM if you have questions, and let me know who your examiner is, especially if it is shelton, as that is who did both my cax single and cfi single.

So I had to delay my checkrides a week because I got a head cold, but I spoke with Marty today and she said my checkrides are next fwednesday with Joey Sanders. I will be going to FTY next monday morning. I'm not sure who my instructor is going to be though. Anybody had Joey before?

Yep, had joey for my II and my CAX. He is a fed ex guy (cpt), super nice. Don't know if you've ever been to the jasper atp location, but...it is a really laid back airport.

I've heard Joey is not that hard on the CFI single/Comm single. He will do both checkrides as one. Officer448, Jon G. is now in KLZU. Last I heard Peter and Zach are currently at KFTY, both are great instructors so you wont have a problem. Just study hard and you'll do fine.

Wait, so the same exaimer from Jasper does the checkrides at FTY? Is this the same guy with the really hot daughter? I think I may have met him once upon a time.

Joey Sanders is a great guy. Unfortunately, part of your training hours for the SE rides will be devoted to cross country out to Jasper. If you fly out there with an instructor you should be able to do some maneuvers on the way.

And try to make it back to ATL the same day. Otherwise it's a night in the trailer.

how is the jasper location?
I know you live in a trailer, and its a laid back over there...
but is it as good as the bigger atp locations?
who are the instructors who do the single engine PPL there now days?

Jasper does not do the PPL program last time I checked. Yes its a pretty laid back location and the instruction is just as good there as it is at the larger locations.

how is the jasper location?
I know you live in a trailer, and its a laid back over there...
but is it as good as the bigger atp locations?

There is only the 10 month program at Jasper. So there is no ATP-provided housing. The trailer is just for the instructors, or the student who gets stuck there for the night.

I only went to Jasper for checkrides and cross countries, so I can't speak to the training, but I assume it is the same as everywhere else.

There is only the 10 month program at Jasper. So there is no ATP-provided housing. The trailer is just for the instructors, or the student who gets stuck there for the night.

I only went to Jasper for checkrides and cross countries, so I can't speak to the training, but I assume it is the same as everywhere else.

Actually, Jasper has had the 90 day program for about a year now. We usually keep about two career students and about three 10 month students. As a pevious student, and as an instructor, I believe that the training is better, and quicker. The practise area is only a few seconds from the airport and it is never too busy.

If you dont mind a trailer, the housing itself isn't that bad. If you are serious about getting done quick than Jasper is definitly the place for you.

Back