Comair Hiring???

ross9238

Just wondering if anyone have any more info on this. I saw an ad posted on avianation.com for First Officers for CVG and JFK. Would this be an addition to the recalls?? If it is, at least its some good news to those who are furloughed.

Just wondering if anyone have any more info on this. I saw an ad posted on avianation.com for First Officers for CVG and JFK. Would this be an addition to the recalls?? If it is, at least its some good news to those who are furloughed.

There is no way in H#LL that they are hiring! :) just.. a .. fyi. haha. =)

There is no way in H#LL that they are hiring! :) just.. a .. fyi. haha. =)

http://forums.jetcareers.com/general-topics/announcement-read-profanity-filters-you.html

Doug Taylor said:
Some issues.

First, if you know the word is going to be filtered out by the profanity filter, well, don't use it.

Secondly, using a non-alphanumeric symbol like "*" in place of a vowel to get around the profanity filter isn't copasetic either. I know everyone's on edge with the industry, but doing that will result in an infraction.

Why, you ask?

Well, the Dali Llama himself called and said he was concerned that most of the posts were full of pound symbols and strategically-placed asterisks and he was going to write me a "Goodbye Cruel Site" post if it kept up.

Besides, "You guys are all ##### and I hope you ##### your #####, you ######" reeeally makes you sound like you're prone to temper tantrums and need a little Ritalin.

And that's on the unapproved list for airmen! :)

Have a great day.

No, we are not hiring!! In fact, they want to cut back even more. It's probably a recycled job posting.

Are you kidding me???? Im getting complaints about using the above forementioned word??? the 4 letter one??? seriously??? wow.. jsut wow... back to comair... no, they are not even considering hiring.... haha.

Are you kidding me???? Im getting complaints about using the above forementioned word??? the 4 letter one??? seriously??? wow.. jsut wow...

Actually "hell" isn't even filtered. That's not the issue. Nor did anyone complain.

The problem is that you thought it was a word that isn't allowed, so you purposefully went out of your way to use the word anyway by using symbols instead of letters. The problem is the intent, not the action. If someone does it with hell or damn, then people think it's OK to do the same with ####, ####, and ######. That's what we're trying to avoid, so we think it's better that people don't try to circumvent the software filter. Does that make sense?

I guess like CRJ Driver said it could be a recycled ad. Wonder why a company would waste money on an ad but then again I guess it's just petty cash anyway. Didn't mean to mislead anyone by posting but was just putting up something I came across. Like I said before, if it were the case would've been some good news for the Comair guys.

Actually "hell" isn't even filtered. That's not the issue. Nor did anyone complain.

The problem is that you thought it was a word that isn't allowed, so you purposefully went out of your way to use the word anyway by using symbols instead of letters. The problem is the intent, not the action. If someone does it with hell or damn, then people think it's OK to do the same with ####, ####, and ######. That's what we're trying to avoid, so we think it's better that people don't try to circumvent the software filter. Does that make sense?

Makes sense... so I'll just go ahead and say what the hell anyways then! haha. :) :laff:

You committed an act of thought-crime. Or type-crime. :D

I guess like CRJ Driver said it could be a recycled ad. Wonder why a company would waste money on an ad but then again I guess it's just petty cash anyway. Didn't mean to mislead anyone by posting but was just putting up something I came across. Like I said before, if it were the case would've been some good news for the Comair guys.

Possible when they bought the ad they didn't know what was gonna happen down the road. I mean, seriously, did ANYONE see Comair getting slashed as much as they have coming? I know I didn't. They may have paid for the ad for XX months, and it's just still running.

maybe they're hiring someone to clean out the corporate offices so they can sell it faster. or maybe they're going to hire a sweet cowboy livestock auctioneer to sell off whats left...I wanna bid on the couches in JFK Ops. (sans mouse droppings)

Vis a vis the subject of profanity: I'm 100% on board for trying to keep the level of discourse reasonable. That said, when dudes get around and start talking, they're going to have some uh "colorful metaphors" to throw around. I, I think, make an earnest attempt (most of the time), to find creative ways to say the evil bad words that are in my heart. Using the "living room" analogy, this doesn't seem perverse or wrong to me. If we're in Doug's living room, and I'm happy to be there, then certainly at least the children have been put to bed? I'm not advocating just blindly typing whatever pottyspeak one feels at the moment, but if it is delievered in a carefully-constructed PG-13 way, where's the harm? I suppose the final authority on this would be Doug Himself, but I imagine the mods all share a similar aesthetic. So, mods, I put you to the question, if one does a reasonable facsimile of "cursing mildly", is this a violation of the "living room rule"? Fornicating A!

Back