Comair Begins Furloughs

nah, i just think we're the biatch in this situation. can't mess with the contractual carriers so we get the shaft. we're just in a crap spot, which unfortunately happens to be the only spot where they can easily adjust their model to todays "challenges".

Wonder if Mesaba and Compass are looking at their future.....

The Union finally send out an e-mail regarding the furloughs. About time! I guess they are still in negotiations with management about working out some voluntary furloughs and extended benefits. I am not getting furloughed, but I hate to see anyone out of a job, and hopefully the union will come through and get some better benefits for the people affected.

I'm still trying to be optimistic here and hope that DL has a plan. I hope the furloughs are just temporary. I still think the whole Freedom flying might be a way for DL to get some hard number to slap in front of the judge to show them why they canceled their contract. Comair brings in billions and billions of dollars of revenue for DL, and I hope Comair will stick around after the merger. Right now, it seems like DL doesn't care about us, it would be like Delta buying a car for 2 billion dollars (Comair) and just letting it sit in the garage and rust. For some reason I don't see that happen. Again, I'm trying to be optimistic here, glad I still have a job for now and hope the furloughs will be a temporary thing.

Comair'svalue was written off as loss during Delta's bankruptcy, they really lose nothing by closing it down.

K... Did anyone else see the date on that article? 2005. It's good information but its kinda like flying, not worth much unless your current.

K... Did anyone else see the date on that article? 2005. It's good information but its kinda like flying, not worth much unless your current.

Eh, as long as the devaluing was done after they bought Comair, it's valid. Since that was a LOOOONG time ago, I'd say it's valid in 2005. ASA's another matter since they've been sold to Skywest since that article was written. Basically, they took a writedown on Comair at some point post-purchase, so they've gotten their money's worth.

Someone at the GO heard that during the DL-NW talks held recently, that Compass and Mesaba were mentioned extensively as the new bigger Delta's regional carriers and Comair was not even mentioned. Hmmmm? NW has put alot into Compass in the last few years and they don't want that to be wasted.

Back