College degree

Call me stupid, but the transcripts are basically like your report card?

Edit: What does a two year degree do for you?

Transcripts are the official record of your education. Not only do they show classes taken and grades, they also verify your major and whether or not you graduated.

A two year degree is generally only useful if you earned some sort of certification that allows you to do a very specific job.

College is the best time of my life, I don't want to graduate. I may stay an extra year and get a degree in something else because nobody is hiring right now. Some of the classes can be pointless and boring but I think you learn a lot from them through incidental learning.

I paid for even penny of mine, took all the tough courses, graduated with a 3.8, and think school itself did very little, if anything, to change me as a person. I feel the degree and the classes I took will have very little bearing on my career, other than the fact that some jobs will require it. The only true benefit I got out of college were the friends I made. I do not literally mean college is a joke, I just did not find it to be life changing. Keep in mind I have only been out of college for six months. A few years from now I may have a different viewpoint.

Alex.

If I remember right you took online classes, right?

I'm in college, hate college, am totally unmotivated for college, drag my feet into class everyday, but feel that somewhere along the line not having a degree is going to screw me over.

I always figured the social aspect of college would keep me going, but not at community college. Nobody talks to anybody and I haven't made a single friend in the time I've been there, and that really says something given how quickly I make friends.

Community college definietly is not the most fun way to pursue an education. I'm going through it right now and I'm not super motivated but enough to make me show up and do some studying. Apparently that's a lot according to some other people I talk to.

Advice an airline pilot gave me: "Walk into class saying I'm going kick this test in the ass because it will get me one step closer to where I want to be."

It seems the little steps that seem like they don't do much in the short term will help alot when you pan out and see the big picture.

If I remember right you took online classes, right?

I took a few, maybe nine total. That was only because I took 10 classes per semester and online courses were the only way to take more than 7. I went to two "real" colleges though, Delaware State University and Wilimgton University, not community or online college.

Alex.

Transcripts are the official record of your education. Not only do they show classes taken and grades, they also verify your major and whether or not you graduated.

A two year degree is generally only useful if you earned some sort of certification that allows you to do a very specific job.

:yeahthat:

Call me stupid, but the transcripts are basically like your report card?

Edit: What does a two year degree do for you?

Yeah, not basically, they are.

And they mean something to employers checking to verify the applicant really has the education they have listed and that the GPA or graduate date they put down is correct.

As far as the two year degree, I don't know. I'm sure it offers an employer the prospect that you at least value formal education, and that you can commit to something for a fixed period of time. But, that's just my take. In a world where most applicants have only a HS Diploma or GED, the one with an Associates would have the leg up - at least if I was doing the hiring.

Back