Colgan showing the Q400

SmitteyB

It went to O'Hare over the weekend to show United, word is they really like it.

Also, next couple of weeks it's going to Phoenix, because US Airways wants to look at it.

Nothing against the Colgan guys, but if Airways works out the scope issues in the large turbo prop, I hope to hell PDT gets them and not some outside contractor.

I think someone on here might be able to add a 3rd airline to those listed above.

why is it that colgan has peaked interest? Its not a new aircraft.

-Rob

Nothing against the Colgan guys, but if Airways works out the scope issues in the large turbo prop, I hope to hell PDT gets them and not some outside contractor.

I would agree with that.... If its going to be airways I'd much rather see PDT get it....

I got to see one by surprise the other day, when it pushed back from the gate about 2 hours after it was supposed to. A few minutes later it then gate returned for an encore and finally left about an hour after that.

I got to see one by surprise the other day, when it pushed back from the gate about 2 hours after it was supposed to. A few minutes later it then gate returned for an encore and finally left about an hour after that.

When Airways first started flying the E170s as part of MidTitanic, they almost had to change the aircraft identification to the E180 because all it did was pull of the gate, do a 180 and go back to the gate for MX.

:yeahthat:

Well, this one (according to ops) gate returned because the captain didn't have his radio panel configured properly and thought it was broken. The FO must have known his stuff though since he got them all the way out onto the runway.

Tell that to the mainline pilot group. Somehow I don't think they consider that flying done "in house".

Tell that to the mainline pilot group. Somehow I don't think they consider that flying done "in house".

Man you got a thing or two to learn..... After talking to many mainline guys they want the E190 out of their hair. They dont care for flying that plane themselves.... I dont think any of them would care about that being known as in house..... everything at both of those regionals are done in a such a way that you are a wholly owned of Airways.... Do some research.....

Cause Colgan will do it for a fraction of the price compared to all the Dash operators.

I'm not sure its so much that...

Colgan has a Q400 program up and running with options for the next 40. IF Colgan excercised the options, PDT wouldn't be able to get their hands on any until at least 2015.

If Colgan worked out a better pay rate and a union, would it still be bad if they won the Airways flying?

It's kind of like if Colgan had Horizon rates, the XJT guys would still be mad. And rightfully so, their pilots have built their lives around some of those bases.

Colgan has a Q400 program up and running with options for the next 40. IF Colgan excercised the options, PDT wouldn't be able to get their hands on any until at least 2015.
Oh but there plenty of SAS Q400's to choose from!;)

If Colgan worked out a better pay rate and a union, would it still be bad if they won the Airways flying?

It's kind of like if Colgan had Horizon rates, the XJT guys would still be mad. And rightfully so, their pilots have built their lives around some of those bases.

Man, you like to jump to conclusions and speculate a lot don't you? Colgan's Q has been online for how long? Colgan has issues it needs to have resolved before they take on anymore *new* flying. They haven't even proven they can make Continental money yet, not to mention the Pinnacle stuff looming overhead. I'd be underestimating if I said more then half of the Pinnacle pilots want to see the Q400 operation fail.

Man, you like to jump to conclusions and speculate a lot don't you? Colgan's Q has been online for how long? Colgan has issues it needs to have resolved before they take on anymore *new* flying. They haven't even proven they can make Continental money yet, not to mention the Pinnacle stuff looming overhead. I'd be underestimating if I said more then half of the Pinnacle pilots want to see the Q400 operation fail.

This industry is speculation, Dave. Just offering a different opinion and facts, thats all.

By all means- until Colgan can get better rates- they shouldn't win any more flying. But they will and we all know it.

Regardless of how long Colgan has had the Q400 online, the operation goes much deeper than that. MX, Training, Flight Attendants, It's on our certificate, It's already in our Flight Ops Manual... Colgan is really the quickest viable option for the Q400 right now, if a carrier wanted this aircraft up and running right away, Colgan could pull it off. Might not be how it should be...but that's life.

This is what is going to happen...hopefully.

The 9E pilots win scope and win the right to fly the Q400. COA won't put up with that. PNCL wont have a choice but to give into the PNCL pilots contract demands, just to keep the Q400 program airborne. GREAT leverage for the PNCL pilots, should this happen. Just opinion, though.

Back