Colgan EAS update

Have you heard anything on BHB? Ie Beech or Saab?

I know I should be the one that knows this stuff, but I haven't been down there for quite some time now.

Have you heard anything on BHB? Ie Beech or Saab?

I know I should be the one that knows this stuff, but I haven't been down there for quite some time now.

It will be the Saab. Supposedly BHB will open as a Saab base or at least a Saab will overnight there and AUG will only be a stop (like how RKD works now).

Water Waivers for AUG? last time i landed, i didn't see an ocean :)

U still workin on getting that resume in now? If you PM me i can put the word in with Cathy/Karen.

Water Waivers for AUG? last time i landed, i didn't see an ocean :)

U still workin on getting that resume in now? If you PM me i can put the word in with Cathy/Karen.

For AUG, the waiver was for 34 seats. Not sure about what they had to do in BHB as far as the rescue boat is concerned.

PM sent about resume situation.

I don't know what the exact code reads under FAR Pt. 139, but there is some kind of requirement that a water-capable rescue unit be within a certain proximity to the airport as defined by response time. I understand that SCUBA qualified personnel are also required. This is something that I heard second-hand, but Pt. 139 requirements are pretty strict as it pertains to CFR (Crash-Fire-Rescue).
AUG has had large aircraft operate there in the distant past (Air New England FH-227s), but they don't have a CFR certified unit on the field last time I was there (fall 07'). In any event, it's good news for Colgan pilots that "we" (I'm returning for my third, yes THIRD stint at CJC) hung onto that flying.
Does anyone know when the last day for the 19hundo is? Sure miss that airplane...

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

I don't know what the exact code reads under FAR Pt. 139, but there is some kind of requirement that a water-capable rescue unit be within a certain proximity to the airport as defined by response time. I understand that SCUBA qualified personnel are also required. This is something that I heard second-hand, but Pt. 139 requirements are pretty strict as it pertains to CFR (Crash-Fire-Rescue).
AUG has had large aircraft operate there in the distant past (Air New England FH-227s), but they don't have a CFR certified unit on the field last time I was there (fall 07'). In any event, it's good news for Colgan pilots that "we" (I'm returning for my third, yes THIRD stint at CJC) hung onto that flying.
Does anyone know when the last day for the 19hundo is? Sure miss that airplane...

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

They've been working on response time from a station down the road however I believe they recieved a grant to build a station at some point. We are quite glad to keep Colgan up here and it's even better for Saab drivers because it's "new" flying for them. The Saab is supposed to be coming in the week of Nov 10 so that is probably going to be the end of the Beech.

Will the Slaab fit in the Hangar? If not mucho expensive deice bills.

Hope the Slaab folk know how to land uphill. :)

Hope the Slaab folk know how to say

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hope the Slaab folk know how to land uphill. :)

Yo, the Saab pilots are the ####. We know how to land short field, long field, snow field, you name it....we land it. That goes for uphill, downhill, sidehill too.

You want a lesson on flying; don't be shy....just come talk to me....I'll learn you in the ways of airmanship. :p

You girlies crack me up. The only thing I have been hearing from the Slaab folks is that the APU of the Q400 'stinks' compared to the Slaabs I am going to puke. Hand flying is where it is at.

You ladies hit the sim yet?

Yo, the Saab pilots are the ####. We know how to land short field, long field, snow field, you name it....we land it. That goes for uphill, downhill, sidehill too.

You want a lesson on flying; don't be shy....just come talk to me....I'll learn you in the ways of airmanship. :p

Pha. What was your snow depth limitation? standing water? Cross wind?

The Mighty Beach knows no limits. (we didn't have any of those... hense why saab crews were sittin around BOS canceled, while we were pushing on)

Back