Cockpit View of Idaho Plane Crash

z987k, I read the comment in the article as, 'he has 1,200 hours of flying Hueys'. Also, I guess I missed the part which mentioned only 300 hours GA. Still, your point stands; I think we all can agree this pilot was not proficient. However, I did read the pilot mentioned some mountain flying instruction. Shaking my head....

And that reemphsizes the point that currency does not equal proficiency. That is wholly obvious in this instance however let it be a warning to all pilots. Booking a couple hours of dual once a year or so is not a good value for your money. To maintain proficiency requires more.

Well you did say "I'm a pilot"

Physics don't care what direction your body is going. Up, down, right, left. G loading is G loading. You clearly dont understand energy managment if your telling me a car crash and falling 8 feet off a ladder are simply due to the vertical or horizontal direction of the body.

So a piano falling straight down at 100MPH a bigger chance at killing me then a piano being shot at me vertically at the same speed while I'm walking down the street? Please, tell me more.

Which would be more damaging to the body? 8Gs being directly input vertically and therefore all the force hitting the spine or input throughout the body from the front or back where a person's weight is evenishly dispersed and not completely localized over the spine?

Which would be more damaging to the body? 8Gs being directly input vertically and therefore all the force hitting the spine or input throughout the body from the front or back where a person's weight is evenishly dispersed and not completely localized over the spine?

The 8gs of brain hitting the inside of your skull is what kills you, not your spine.

Back