CNN vs Fox News

Sisson2011

During the bad times when there is a plane crash (or anything that's "news worthy") CNN and Fox News jump right on it. Usually they are terrible at what they do. However, which news company CNN or Fox News is the best (or the best of two evils) in your opinion?

Neither. Seriously, I hate them both with a passion.

If someone had a gun to my head and forced me to choose, I'd pick CNN. But that's only under extreme duress.

I'm a BBC geek. Actually France 24 has a very good English language broadcast as well.

I just don't care about "It's only been a month after blah blah blah"/"A shocking 911 call"/"Octomom Update" that most US-based news sources crank out. I can browse YouTube by myself, I don't need to know what you're "tweeting" about and I'm not reading your blog.

Just tell me what's up.

Brazilian media is proving to be more informative than ours.
Hey man, hadn't seen you here in a while....or maybe it's just me not paying attention.

As far as the networks...they're both poison. I usually stick to CNN because I just hate Fox News. The only way I'd watch Fox News is if Julie Banderas is reporting. :D

Every time I watch BBC, in this country or another one, I get sea sick listening to their cadence.

Now in the news, something something something, something something something.
(start medium), (go higher and higher, take breath), (drop your voice down to the floor)

Listening to that for 5 minutes on every sentence makes me nauseous.

CNN...only because I watched Fox's coverage of 3407 and it was like watching my parents conceive me.

If forced to choose, I would pick Fox. Mostly because CNN comes across so dry that I get bored and change the channel, whereas I yell obscenities at the TV whenever Glenn Beck or Bill O'Reilly are on...pseudo-interactive TV!

I tend to troll the internet sites of major world news networks, even Al Jazeera and Al Arabiya. The US media is too busy talking about mundane BS to have any credibility. I say, read stuff from around the world and put together the puzzle pieces. You get a much better view of everyone else's view and get to have the final say yourself.

MSNBC fails...

I guess I might be biased since i'm a Republican and allll...

CNN or FoxNews is actually always on in my room. I like the shows on FoxNews, including O'rielly and Huckabee. I' always chimmed in to CNN for Cooper360, though, Anderson rocksss. :rawk:

BBC is good.
I dig "The news hour with Jim Lehrer" the most though.

CNN and FOX are ruining American independent thinking and just need to stop.
I hate when co-workers come in a regurgitate what they heard on TV.

They both suck. I usually go with CNN, because it's slightly less biased and sensationalistic.

I would listen to BBC, but the thick British accents grate on me after a while.

I'm a BBC geek. Actually France 24 has a very good English language broadcast as well.

I just don't care about "It's only been a month after blah blah blah"/"A shocking 911 call"/"Octomom Update" that most US-based news sources crank out. I can browse YouTube by myself, I don't need to know what you're "tweeting" about and I'm not reading your blog.

Just tell me what's up.

Does france 24 have Melissa Theuriau?

BBC World Service. CNN and Fox are both guilty of slanting news too far in one direction. They also tend to report more on WTF Britney or Paris are doing rather than important, actual news events.

Back