Clever Int/Waypoint Names...

EatSleepFly

OK, the weathers crappy, and I'm stuck here at work anyways so I was looking through JeppView for funny intersection names and waypoint sequences on approaches. The only two that I know of (and I'm sure many others do too) are:

ILS Rwy 18 @ LEB (Lebanon, NH), has three intersections: HAMMM, BURGR, and FRYYS.

RNAV/GPS Rwy 16 @ PSM (Portsmouth, NH):
ITAWT (IAF), ITAWA, PUDYE, TTATT, IDEED (think Tweety Bird), and also SATAN is another IAF for that approach.

Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone else has run across any clever ones. What can I say? I'm bored!
crazy.gif

If you're flying the ILS Rwy 1R into MCI (Kansas City), you'll be crossing SPICY, BARBQ, and RIBBS. Very appropriate.
wink.gif

Sarah

Here in Music City, we have LRETA (Lynn), GRRTH (Brooks), ATKNS (Heck if I know...I've heard the name...Chet, is it?), REABA (McIntire), and WAYLN (Jennings). My favorite two have to be JUUDD and OPERY....gotta love southern thinking (I am not now, nor have I ever claimed to be, from this place).
cool.gif

WOW - Garth and the Judds' have been around long enough to get their names in.... waypoints?!?! Pretty nifty!!
grin.gif

There's one down here that always makes me giggle - It's AMII (or is it AMMI)(pronoucned like AMY) at LAL. Funny to hear on the freq. "report when crossing AMI".....

Okay -... maybe it's just me.
crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
There's MINEE close to Disney. Do VOR's count? We have Gator and Seminole here as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez, I've been out of Florida for about 10 days, and forgot all about that one. Which got me thinking, there's a HEATT (not sure about the spelling) arrival in Miami too.

I'm remembering all of the funny ones now....on the ILS 17L @ Louiseville, there's SLGRR, and there's a GUITR here in Nashville (I hate hearing, cleared direct GUITR, GUITR ONE.....ugggg..can't they work a Skyhawk direct???).

In St. Louis there is the Cards (1,2, etc) Blues (1,2) and Ozark (1-X) arrivals. Named after the St. Louis Cardinals, The St. Louis Blues and the now defunct hoetown airline - Ozark. Don't know about the actual intersections though.

There's a LIMBO out here off the coast of the Pacific. Good place to hold "cessna 469 holding in LIMBO; 3000' 15 past the hour"

There's also the HORNET departure out of the airspace in CLT. Shouldn't they rename that one and let New Orleans purchase just like the team?

I know departure procedures are supposed to save time on frequency, but that one is turn to 030 reaching 500' AGL and expext vectors on climbout. Does that really save a whole lot of time on clearance delivery?

[ QUOTE ]
I know departure procedures are supposed to save time on frequency, but that one is turn to 030 reaching 500' AGL and expext vectors on climbout. Does that really save a whole lot of time on clearance delivery?

[/ QUOTE ]

It may also include information like initial altitude, time to expect cleared altitude, and departure frequency. So your clearance could be, "N12345 cleared to Havana via the Hornet 3 departure, direct Charlotte, then as filed, squawk 1234."

PHX has the BUNTR ONE arrival with SLIDR, PICHR, DBACK, HOMRR, BUNTR

COYOT ONE arrival with HATRK, COYOT, BRUSR, MAHEM

SUNNS FOUR arrival with SLAMN, BBALL, SUNSS, HOOPS

For a city that couldn't care less about it's sport teams, it's interesting that there's 3 sports related arrivals. When the Red Wings (Go Wings!!) are in town, 2/3 of the crowd is wearing red.

And there's FUBAR in NW Phoenix

A kind of ironic intersection name here in St. Louis, the home of Anheuser Busch, is COORS intersection. Also the VOR on the Field at Lambert-St. Louis International is the Cardinal VOR. Along with the arrivals that pilot602 mentioned, we also have the Lindbergh departures, and to the west we have The Ozark departures, ie towards Lake of the Ozarks a big vacation spot in Missouri

We used to have Larry, Curly and Moe in Perth, West Australia. They have since disappeared.
Heard someone make a position report over Wener which made me crack up
smile.gif

Back