Clearance to taxi across a runway.

LOL well sometimes you have to be a dick
smile.gif

If I pull off the runway with no other instructions, I'll switch to ground. Right or wrong, I don't have time to sit and wait for someone to say something. Ground control usually knows you're coming.

- - - on a side note, I remember being frustrated sometimes when it took a while for ground control to answer (this was at PDX). I paid a visit to the tower one day and found out why. At the larger airports where the tower is right in the middle and there's only one ground controller, he/she could be working someone on one side and has to physically walk to the other side of the tower "cab" to see where you are and give instructions.- - -

Usually they'll say "contact ground when clear." I've contacted them as I'm turning off the runway "Ground, Skywest 100 clearing 16R at H6."

OR

They'll say "Taxi to the ramp this frequency."

OR

"Taxi to the ramp, monitor ground .9" Then you tune, but don't talk.

[ QUOTE ]
"Taxi to the ramp, monitor ground .9" Then you tune, but don't talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or my favorite,

Can you name this airport?

Contact Ground 132.45 yankee to delta monitor ramp on 129.55 east 121.9 at juliet.

The first time I got that was my second trip in the Citation, I looked at the Captain, and said "you got to be kidding me." he laughed ... "said I got it."

[ QUOTE ]

Can you name this airport?

Contact Ground 132.45 yankee to delta monitor ramp on 129.55 east 121.9 at juliet.

The first time I got that was my second trip in the Citation, I looked at the Captain, and said "you got to be kidding me." he laughed ... "said I got it."

[/ QUOTE ]

Sound like Dulles to me......
mad.gif

Some airports just like to be mean and nasty!!!

quotes fixed by E

Yeah that is IAD. I've been fortunate to almost always land the same side as my desired FBO there, which makes life a lot easier.

FL270

I'm always the guy getting yelled at by IPs because I tend to do the "leaving 21L at D3" as I'm rolling off, only to do the after landing checklist during the taxi. Heck if I'm gonna sit there for 5 minutes across the hold line getting stuff done...it's 'spensive!

If tower does seem to be forgetting me, I'll just give them a quick reminder like "11V exiting A3," and that generally prompts them to tell me to contact ground.

We all know you should contact ground just before clearing the runway - that way you can have your clearance before having to stop so you get that cool - roll round the corner deal. I heard girls are impressed with that.

This JetCareers board is confusing my brain... on one thread I got people saying 'dont touch any knobs until you leave the runway', and now here I got someone saying to key the mike and make/switch/receive radio communications while wrapping around from a runway to a taxiway (usually a 90 degree turn) si that ya got your taxi clearance while still in the runway environment... sheesh
smile.gif
:)

[ QUOTE ]
This JetCareers board is confusing my brain... on one thread I got people saying 'dont touch any knobs until you leave the runway', and now here I got someone saying to key the mike and make/switch/receive radio communications while wrapping around from a runway to a taxiway (usually a 90 degree turn) si that ya got your taxi clearance while still in the runway environment... sheesh
smile.gif
:)

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to take into account who is saying what. In one thread, its a bunch of CFI's and experienced pilots saying not to touch anything until clear.

In this thread you have someone who is a VFR private pilot with probably less than 200 hrs., that rarely flies, telling you to get your taxi clearance while still rolling on the runway.

Maybe the title feature should show the certificate level of the users so that its easier to sort out who is full of BS and who at least might have some clue what they are talking about.

[ QUOTE ]
We all know you should contact ground just before clearing the runway - that way you can have your clearance before having stop so you get that cool - roll round the corner deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

And for your info., Iain, you should NEVER contact ground while still on the runway unless instructed to do so. Tower "owns" the runway, ground "owns" the rest. Talk to a controller sometime, they will explain it to you.

Well if you're looking for an apology you aren't going to get one from me. I didn't attack you. Everything that I pointed out was the truth.

Joke away, but I will tell you for a fact that your little moderator flag has a tendancy to make people think you're something you're not.

adm.gif
= Admin flag

mod.gif
= Mod flag

Either way it pretty much means we get a bunch of PMs when threads are closed telling us that we are communists and against the first ammendment
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
we get a bunch of PMs when threads are closed telling us that we are communists and against the first ammendment
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

'Bout time we started trimming a little fat off the Constitution 'round here...........

Back