Chinese land on the moon

It's all lies: they didnt land on the moon. Instead, I sure they used the same sound stage used by NASA. After all, they have bought so many of our other assets, why not the sound stage?

Glad they are wasting money flexing

Who do I talk to about the pee-pee in my Coke?
The greatest thing about the U.S. landing on the moon wasn't the fact that we landed on the moon, nor was it the fact that we beat the Soviets. It was the fact that we sparked the imagination of so much of our youth (and adults for that matter), which brought us all closer together and created a new generation of innovation. I'm afraid that this country has lost our imagination...

About 15 years from now they'll be harvesting energy and raw materials on the moon. I hope the next president restarts NASA into high gear so we can get some real estate out there.

How do you reckon? I can't see anything terribly useful coming from outside the atmosphere until we cut the cost of getting up there in the first place by many orders of magnitude, if indeed we ever do.

I'm afraid that this country has lost our imagination...

I don't think that's true at all. Look at Cirrus, Robinson Helicopters, Google, Apple, countless small businesses, and this very forum.

It's more that our imagination and creativity isn't being focused on large national problems like ensuring freedom from the world amid an axis of totalitarianism, preventing the spread of communism, or getting a man on the moon by the end of 1969.

The greatest thing about the U.S. landing on the moon wasn't the fact that we landed on the moon, nor was it the fact that we beat the Soviets. It was the fact that we sparked the imagination of so much of our youth (and adults for that matter), which brought us all closer together and created a new generation of innovation. I'm afraid that this country has lost our imagination...

I agree but we put people on the moon after 1969. People just stopped giving a crap and became self absorbed with the 1970s and beyond. Space exploration to the laymen, became boring and routine. We have done a ton of really cool things since, most folks just lost interest when they realized there was never going to be a Millennium Falcon or a Colonial Viper in their lifetime.

Back