Chekrides

Turbine

Is it possible to complete both private and instrument checkrides the same day? I have heard of it being done before, and i don't see why you wouldn't be able, besides the fact it would be tiring, and stressful.

If you have done 50hrs of solo cross country you could probably do your PPL in the morning and then you instrument checkride in the afternoon. There is a proposed rule making that will allow someone to do their private-instrument concurrently.

If you have a pvt vfr multi can you do comm multi initial and (multi) instrument in the same checkride?

Alex.

I dont know about the first two but I know for a fact you can do your commercial and cfi at the same time. Its a all day event though and I dont reccomend it!

According to our DE, which may or may not be a reliable source you cannot. One of our instructors was looking to do there CMEL & MEI together/combined check-ride deals and we were told that it had to be two completely separate check-rides.

MTSU actually does the private and instrument training together. One looooooong check ride! I'm glad I got out of there before they started doing that.

When combining the comm and cfi it is techincally two rides. But some examiners will agree to combine it. For example it will be one long oral. Followed by a checkride from the left seat. Then after a short break a checkride from the right seat. All day in one day.

I dont know about the first two but I know for a fact you can do your commercial and cfi at the same time.

14 CFR 61.183(c) requires the CFI applicant to hold a commercial pilot certificate in order to be eligible for a flight instructor certificate.

It is "possible" for someone to take the commercial pilot test, pass it, receive their certificate, and then take the CFI test. Any examiner who would give those two practical tests in the same day is undoubtedly type rated for a sleigh with eight tiny reindeer.

According to our DE, which may or may not be a reliable source you cannot. One of our instructors was looking to do there CMEL & MEI together/combined check-ride deals and we were told that it had to be two completely separate check-rides.

The DE is right! You need 15 hour PIC (multi) in order to go for the checkride. If you dont have your Multi-engine, how can you log PIC time???

Is it possible to complete both private and instrument checkrides the same day?
Yes.

If you have a pvt vfr multi can you do comm multi initial and (multi) instrument in the same checkride?
I don't believe so. Same day? Yes. Same practical test? No...I really don't think so.

Separate rides, same day and no problem. If the DE says it has to be a separate day, then you really need to find a new DE...but we've covered that before.

MTSU actually does the private and instrument training together.
Are they under the approved FITS thing?

Any examiner who would give those two practical tests in the same day is undoubtedly type rated for a sleigh with eight tiny reindeer.
Painting with a mighty broad brush there.

-mini

I did my MEI/CFII on the same ride. We did a long oral for both, and then we did a long flight. The first part of the flight was the MEI portion. We landed, did a full stop taxi back and did the CFII ride. They were broken up into 2 checkrides, yet all done with 1 flight.

I did my MEI/CFII on the same ride. We did a long oral for both, and then we did a long flight. The first part of the flight was the MEI portion. We landed, did a full stop taxi back and did the CFII ride. They were broken up into 2 checkrides, yet all done with 1 flight.

You say it was "the same ride" but then you say it was broken up into "2 checkrides." It's really a matter of semantis, but you have to complete the exam for the first one and hold that certificate before you can take a ride for a rating that requires the prior. For example, you have to finish CPL before you can start CFI, you have to hold MEI before you can take a II ride in a ME.

You do not have to hold a MEI to take an instrument instructor in a multi-enine airplane. The rating is instrument instructor airplane.

There were a few DEs that did checkrides for ATP that allowed you to do your Single engine comm / CFI ADD ON at the same time. You did it all from the right seat. But if you busted, you busted both.

My DE wouldnt allow it so on a monday I sat in the left seat and received my single engine comm, and then the next day we swapped seats and I had to speak up a little more about what was going on. If you do it like this, your CFI ride should be almost a joke. The DE knew that the next day I was doing my CFI, so I know in the back of his head he was checking for both on my comm ride.

Why all this talk about taking the commercial ride from the left and the switching for the cfi ride? I took my CSEL from the right seat less than two weeks before my CFI ride.

MTSU and ERAU are the two universities that tested the private-instrument checkride. Now that that is done the FAA is supposed to make that ride available to all.

Regarding the PPL and IR on the same day....yes it's possible. I did it that way (I was part 61) on my 17th birthday. Best present ever! All in all it was about a 12 hour day.

Greg

Back