Chekrides

The DE is right! You need 15 hour PIC (multi) in order to go for the checkride. If you dont have your Multi-engine, how can you log PIC time???

Did I read that right?

You do not need any PIC to take an AMEL check ride as it is impossible to legally log PIC until you're rated in the Aircraft.

Did I read that right?

You do not need any PIC to take an AMEL check ride as it is impossible to legally log PIC until you're rated in the Aircraft.

I think he was referring to the post that said one could take the COM MEL and MEI the same day. You must have 15 pic category and class for an instructor certificate.

(j) Log at least 15 hours as pilot in command in the category and class of aircraft that is appropriate to the flight instructor rating sought; and
and I noticed mini already answered this anyway.

So to do Comm Multi Initial and Instrument, it might be easier to do Comm vfr multi and then instrument (multi of course)?

Alex.

This should be good. Filled with plenty of emotion and zero fact. I can't wait.

-mini
I can think of three possible reasons for such a response. I cannot help you with two of them and I would not waste time on you at all if it were not for the third possibility. That is the remote possibility you are an examiner and you are doing such actions yourself. If that is the case, please send me a private message so I can try to get you on the right track.

I'm still waiting. You can explain your position here. I'm sure we'd all love to hear your position on the subject...if you can support it with fact based arguments.

-mini

Back