CFI Career Path Program

Stewart Stoll

Chief Flight Instructor
Texas American Flight Academy in Dallas and Fort Worth is now offering a Career Path Program for CFIs! This includes a sign on bonus, employee status, salary pay and free additional CFI ratings! In addition We are offering Citation 3 type ratings.

Our instructors fly 80 hours a month and make $35000 a year. We have diverse fleet from modern diamond 20s/40s to g1000 Skyhawks.

Go to www.FlyTexasAmerican.com and apply!

Yeah I spent the last ten years as a CFI and it was brutal everyone treating you like you are just there to build time. As someone who is running a flight school I've decided to change things up. It is a lot of fun to work for Texas American Flight Academy.

Yeah I spent the last ten years as a CFI and it was brutal everyone treating you like you are just there to build time. As someone who is running a flight school I've decided to change things up. It is a lot of fun to work for Texas American Flight Academy.

Stewart - some questions...

1. The rate page indicates "Add $20 per hour non-club" - but I didn't see any other reference to "club" or associated language - anywhere. What does that mean?
  2. Do you rent any of your tailwheel aircraft solo, and if so, what sort of times do you require?
  3. You place heavy emphasis on Part 141. Do you run it 141-only, or will you offer Part 61 training to pilots who request it?

Stewart - some questions...

1. The rate page indicates "Add $20 per hour non-club" - but I didn't see any other reference to "club" or associated language - anywhere. What does that mean?
  2. Do you rent any of your tailwheel aircraft solo, and if so, what sort of times do you require?
  3. You place heavy emphasis on Part 141. Do you run it 141-only, or will you offer Part 61 training to pilots who request it?

1. Our school was originally a flying club. Now students get "club" rates on aircraft but truly this part of the business is slowly being phased out as we focus on our school. The club was $400 to join then $40 a month and you got $20 off an hour when renting.

2. We had a decathlon but it was a leaseback and the owner took it back.

3. We do 61 also, private finish ups for example, are a more common type of part 61 students.

80 hours a month? Interesting ...how many days a week? What are the high and lows in that average?

Back