Caribbean flying jobs

Rasta

SVG Air in St. Vincent is hiring.. I worked for them for three years and loved it. People are great and every day off is a vacation. The islands are safe and a great lifestyle. Islander C-402 and Twin otter jobs available. In the past took guys with under 1000tt. contact them for the details....www.svgair.com

good luck

SVG Air in St. Vincent is hiring.. I worked for them for three years and loved it. People are great and every day off is a vacation. The islands are safe and a great lifestyle. Islander C-402 and Twin otter jobs available. In the past took guys with under 1000tt. contact them for the details....www.svgair.com

good luck

Do you have any more information? That website you linked has nothing. A few months ago I did a lot of research on Caribbean operators, and came to the conclusion that just about each one has something about it that makes it not a good to work.

Is SVGAir the one where they require you to pay your own way through twin otter training before they'll even look at you?

They will not make you pay for training. They have free housing as well, pay is above average. Twin Otter Captains $4500+ a month. Like I said contact them for all the details.... the link is to there web site only. The jobs will not be posted there but I know they want 1 Islander pilot, 2 C-402 pilots and 2 Twin Otter Captains.

Good Luck

They will not make you pay for training. They have free housing as well, pay is above average. Twin Otter Captains $4500+ a month. Like I said contact them for all the details.... the link is to there web site only. The jobs will not be posted there but I know they want 1 Islander pilot, 2 C-402 pilots and 2 Twin Otter Captains.

Good Luck

4500 a month? dang thats more than 4 times what I'm pulling right now. I already sent off my resume to them. Do you think my 1400 hours will be enough for them to consider me? I saw they had a few ads on climbto350, but they never said what kind of hours they are looking for.

The real question is not whether 1400 TT is enough but are you experienced enough to get a plane on the ground in St. Vincent....... flying into Joshua was definitely interesting in the Metro!

The real question is not whether 1400 TT is enough but are you experienced enough to get a plane on the ground in St. Vincent....... flying into Joshua was definitely interesting in the Metro!

Wuss! I think Amerijet used to take a 727 in there...but got banned because they (twice) blew a roof off the house at the end of the runway during the necessary static takeoff.

Wuss! I think Amerijet used to take a 727 in there...but got banned because they (twice) blew a roof off the house at the end of the runway during the necessary static takeoff.

I am not a wuss.... maybe a pansy but not a wuss.... ever shot the NDB approach there? Its not really an approach to begin with.... more like a hopeful guesstimation.... a fun place to land but again interesting!:nana2:

What company did you work for in the carribean where you flew a metro?

Caribbean Airlines (Port of Spain, Trinidad) recently had an ad out seeking first officers. I think the deadline to apply has passed already, though.

I am not a wuss.... maybe a pansy but not a wuss.... ever shot the NDB approach there? Its not really an approach to begin with.... more like a hopeful guesstimation.... a fun place to land but again interesting!:nana2:

Dude that is so true. Landing rwy25 in in low vis or bad weather at night is pure guestimation, and that mountain...

Not me..
Sent my resume about a week ago, but then again, I am only a US resident with a green card.
Don't know if that will make a difference....

Talked to the owner today......He got 1500 resumes from his posting. Just goes to show you. He is trying to answer them all so give it time. Guys will be call in November if they are interested. Sorry thats all I can tell you. If you think you really want to live there pm me a resume with phone number, I will pass on the info.

Talked to the owner today......He got 1500 resumes from his posting. Just goes to show you. He is trying to answer them all so give it time. Guys will be call in November if they are interested. Sorry thats all I can tell you. If you think you really want to live there pm me a resume with phone number, I will pass on the info.

Wow... But it figures with so many of us on the street now.
I emailed my resume already. If i PM it to you are you able to walk it in?

Back