Cargo companies asked to return CARES money

Rep. James E. Clyburn (D-S.C.) wrote to the leaders of Atlas Air, Kalitta Air, Western Global Airlines and Amerijet International late Monday, asking them to justify receiving help from the government given their reported financial success in recent months.

“Congress intended for these taxpayer funds to save jobs, not to provide windfalls to thriving businesses,” wrote Clyburn, chairman of the Committee on Oversight and Reform subcommittee on the coronavirus crisis.

They're not wrong

Record profits, $406 billion taxpayer-funded windfall, and nearly a decade without a contract. AAWW has 0 excuses to produce an industry standard contract for Atlas pilots.

I really hope they lock in a contract before management says having to repay will impede paying pilots more. No more ripping off the professional hard working pilot group, get it done Atlas!!

Business execs really peeve me off

They have the only excuse that matters. The resumes keep coming in. Unfortunate, but it’s the truth.

Even when they weren’t, they didn’t seem to care.

In fact, that’s what caused the Rona. I’ve seen what purposely understaffing an airline does when I was at the regionals. You start losing contracts and it just snowballs from there. Having seen that movie before, I finally updated my logbook and got applications out. About 2 weeks later, the world started to end.

So I guess what I’m saying is, my bad everyone.

Back