Career thoughts

Would you

• Stay in the charter, grow and upgrade there

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Go be a yellow bus driver, better recession survivability and it's a proper size plane

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • Get on with a W/O with a flow

Votes: 20 40.8%
  • CRJ200 make the real pilots. So does the permanently sucky weather and 0.7 long taxi in ORD

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters
The interview information should say something along the lines of flag each checkride, latest IPC or instrument requirements met, flight review, and all ATP requirements when they were met. (My logbook flags below, of course they were more straight and not that mangled a few months ago when I interviewed ;))

They collect the logbooks and all of your paperwork to review while they do the interview.

And, yes, I start 12/18.

8CDD216F-827B-4BBB-B0C1-50AABBE160F8.jpeg

The interview information should say something along the lines of flag each checkride, latest IPC or instrument requirements met, flight review, and all ATP requirements when they were met. (My logbook flags below, of course they were more straight and not that mangled a few months ago when I interviewed ;))

They collect the logbooks and all of your paperwork to review while they do the interview.

And, yes, I start 12/18.

View attachment 41036

Gotcha, thanks, haven't received that yet

Have fun and good luck on that job!

I've made a promise to myself to hit 1500 by next summer. no matter what it takes (Only 320 to go!)
Been meaning to add a "pro tip", but the schedule has not been conductive.
So the "pro tip"
You don't need the 1500 hours, all you need for the first day of the indoc is circa 1460. So that shaves off a month. Interview at least a month prior to reaching that time to allow for PRIA/background/drug tests. Another option (with Envoy at least) is interview within a year of reaching the required hours and request that the current employer is not contacted until you give them the go ahead. I didn't use that option, but was told by the recruiters they can do that. In this case, all but the current PRIA will be done and your hiring process will still be streamlined.

Well... an update

Resistance is futile, I'll be assimilated
I think it's the right thing to do in the long run given the current state of the industry.
Still, I'll miss flying with the current team. Brand new planes and great pay make it a double ouch, but ...... I'm excited.
Even though I haven't had to deal with any giant turds ;) @BEEF SUPREME

Well... an update Resistance is futile, I'll be assimilated I think it's the right thing to do in the long run given the current state of the industry. Still, I'll miss flying with the current team. Brand new planes and great pay make it a double ouch, but ...... I'm excited. Even though I haven't had to deal with any giant turds ;) @BEEF SUPREME
It’s great you had such a good experience. I don’t know you personally but I’m happy you’re moving on already. There is a lot of exposure to risk in the environment you’re in presently. Not just safety wise but career risk too. While you haven’t had to do it for too long I’m sure you will not take for granted all the better parts of where you are headed. I’d love to cross paths with you one day and the beer is on me. I also hope I didn’t offend you and one day maybe I can help you move on to something better. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s great you had such a good experience. I don’t know you personally but I’m happy you’re moving on already. There is a lot of exposure to risk in the environment you’re in presently. Not just safety wise but career risk too. While you haven’t had to do it for too long I’m sure you will not take for granted all the better parts of where you are headed. I’d love to cross paths with you one day and the beer is on me. I also hope I didn’t offend you and one day maybe I can help you move on to something better. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It takes a lot more than that to offend me ))))
I hope to cross paths too, we'll figure the beer tab part when we get there.
I had a good run at my 135 shop. About the only issue was the lack of days off due to the lack of schedule due to the lack of pilots due to the location.. and lack of schedule. But they are working on that and will hopefully succeed. Other than that, I did get the days that were important for me off, but for the most part decided to move on due to family being stuck in Chicago and wanting to try 121 before the golden handcuffs became too solid to break. It is a good place for someone interested in the bizjet flying career though.
Thank you and everyone else who chimed in for the insights!

It takes a lot more than that to offend me ))))
I hope to cross paths too, we'll figure the beer tab part when we get there.
I had a good run at my 135 shop. About the only issue was the lack of days off due to the lack of schedule due to the lack of pilots due to the location.. and lack of schedule. But they are working on that and will hopefully succeed. Other than that, I did get the days that were important for me off, but for the most part decided to move on due to family being stuck in Chicago and wanting to try 121 before the golden handcuffs became too solid to break. It is a good place for someone interested in the bizjet flying career though.
Thank you and everyone else who chimed in for the insights!
How many hours did you have in total time and multi when you were hired at your current shop? I'm sitting at 660 total and 80 multi and I'm looking to get a job in central or South Florida flying 135/91.

Well... an update

Resistance is futile, I'll be assimilated
I think it's the right thing to do in the long run given the current state of the industry.
Still, I'll miss flying with the current team. Brand new planes and great pay make it a double ouch, but ...... I'm excited.
Even though I haven't had to deal with any giant turds ;) @BEEF SUPREME
So Envoy? If so, we'll need to stay in touch, they are in my top 2 due to multiple reasons.

How many hours did you have in total time and multi when you were hired at your current shop? I'm sitting at 660 total and 80 multi and I'm looking to get a job in central or South Florida flying 135/91.
~1100 and ~200 turbine, half and half 'Van PIC and ce525/550/560 SIC.
Last time they advertised, mins were 1000 tt and 250 me with prior jet requirement dropped. I gave my feedback on the 250 me (I thought that was a dumb req with regionals hiring at 25 me), no idea what they'll be asking for now. But they will be - usually advertising on climbto350.

So Envoy? If so, we'll need to stay in touch, they are in my top 2 due to multiple reasons.
Yup, Envoy. Absolutely!
Keep at it, getting to the ATP mins is actually a very liberating experience. Who knows how it plays out in the long run, but it feels nice to have available options.

PS Another guy from the shop bolted this weekend, went to be a yellow bus driver - so the poll results were pretty good at forecasting the future :D

~1100 and ~200 turbine, half and half 'Van PIC and ce525/550/560 SIC.
Last time they advertised, mins were 1000 tt and 250 me with prior jet requirement dropped. I gave my feedback on the 250 me (I thought that was a dumb req with regionals hiring at 25 me), no idea what they'll be asking for now. But they will be - usually advertising on climbto350.

Yup, Envoy. Absolutely!
Keep at it, getting to the ATP mins is actually a very liberating experience. Who knows how it plays out in the long run, but it feels nice to have available options.
Thanks for the info.

Back