Captains wanted in China

Not 121 here please translate
Basically with PBS if you aren't senior enough to hold a line that meets the restrictions you ask PBS to abide by (weekends off, only day flying, layovers between 18-20 days off, all commutable, etc but you bid 85% in your category) it'll ignore your desires in order to build a line according to the target values set for that month. Meaning PBS will force trips onto your schedule until things like credit, trip coverage and so on are met.

Clear as mud?

Or, if you're a flight attendant, "I put the same thing in all 7 layers! Why didn't I get ANY of it?"
"I know you laid out a time consuming layer by layer bid that would get me what I wanted but I chose to ignore your advice and bid the opposite of what you advised me to do. I didn't get what I wanted. This is a misaward. I'm filing a greevumps!"

Sigh.

Same people who voted yes.

TOO SOON slash "I KNOW! IT'S OVER"

IMG_4561.JPG

Not just flight attendants anymore. I'm amazed at the lack of time people put into understanding software that controls their lives.

It amazes me too. I was able to hold a line 3 months in a row this year while multiple people senior to me ended up on reserve, presumably thanks to mistakes they made on their bids. When the bid for this month opened, there was a long note on the PBS site warning people about the potential consequences of "or else start next" and I ended up back on reserve. Everything the note warned of I was able to find out from a 10-minute internet search about the PBS software we use.

It amazes me too. I was able to hold a line 3 months in a row this year while multiple people senior to me ended up on reserve, presumably thanks to mistakes they made on their bids. When the bid for this month opened, there was a long note on the PBS site warning people about the potential consequences of "or else start next" and I ended up back on reserve. Everything the note warned of I was able to find out from a 10-minute internet search about the PBS software we use.
oh, and make sure when you bid next month in PBS don't put too many days on in a row. Help mitigate those fatigue calls by inconveniencing yourself and making a more terrible schedule ahead of time, since you know you'll be encountering scheduling/mx/wx on an uncommutable 4 day. Better rest up on your own time.

oh, and make sure when you bid next month in PBS don't put too many days on in a row. Help mitigate those fatigue calls by inconveniencing yourself and making a more terrible schedule ahead of time, since you know you'll be encountering scheduling/mx/wx on an uncommutable 4 day. Better rest up on your own time.

Well of course! And I'll be sure to rest up enough that I won't be fatigued when scheduling wakes me up to see if I can be at the airport in 1 hour, 4 hours before my actual report time.

Well of course! And I'll be sure to rest up enough that I won't be fatigued when scheduling wakes me up to see if I can be at the airport in 1 hour, 4 hours before my actual report time.
And make sure you add a one day buffer in there, since you'll be working your scheduled days on, plus the extension into your day off at the end.
#adequatelystaffed

Back