Cape Air Hiring

They typically seem to have a lot of people transition down there for the winter for 6 months and then transition back up to the Northeast for 6 months during summer as the business moves during those seasons. I just had an interview with them last week and was offered a position. Now I'm just waiting for the official offer letter to arrive.

Does the North in summer/South in winter shuffle happen always or does someone junior have the ability to stay put?

What is the TT requirement? One part of website says 1500TT and one says 1200TT

Don't they have a couple of freight-only runs where they'll hire you with 135 IFR PIC minimums, and keep you on the freight run till you meet ATP minimums?

Don't they have a couple of freight-only runs where they'll hire you with 135 IFR PIC minimums, and keep you on the freight run till you meet ATP minimums?
They do a little bit of that, and a lot of flying as SIC on the regular runs. From what I understand.

Just a heads up, some new hires might end up out west in Montana. Cape Air was just awarded the EAS contract that Silver is vacating in October.

Just a heads up, some new hires might end up out west in Montana. Cape Air was just awarded the EAS contract that Silver is vacating in October.
Whoah, that would actually be sweet. Mountain flying, or more eastern MT? I wonder how the 402 would handle the Rockies. I could get into that though.

Whoah, that would actually be sweet. Mountain flying, or more eastern MT? I wonder how the 402 would handle the Rockies. I could get into that though.
The only problems 402's and pa31's have in the rockies with pax is with O2.

Indeed.com says they are hiring ATR CA's for Guam... but their website indicates otherwise... any Cape Air guys willing/able to chime in on if they are accepting resumes?

Indeed.com says they are hiring ATR CA's for Guam... but their website indicates otherwise... any Cape Air guys willing/able to chime in on if they are accepting resumes?

As a current ATR FO in Guam, I can 100% guarantee we do not hire street Captains for the ATRs.

They're hiring because they won the DOT bid for the routes in Montana that Great Mistakes then SIlver Airways flew...

So really...what's the deets on Captain pay on the 402? And, how many ATR42 Captains are there? Travel benefits/jumpseat access?

Back