Cape Air and seaport airlines

I am contemplating about working at one of these airlines or continue flight instructing until I get to the 1500 hrs magic number. Does anyone work or know how many hours a first officer usually flies on average per month at Cape air or Seaport airlines?

Thanks for your help!

Good luck getting on with Seaport. I thought, having over 8500TT w/multi and single ATP that I would grab a glance from someone there but, nada.

Best!

I am contemplating about working at one of these airlines or continue flight instructing until I get to the 1500 hrs magic number. Does anyone work or know how many hours a first officer usually flies on average per month at Cape air or Seaport airlines?

Thanks for your help!

I don't think 1500 is the magic number a lot of people are led to believe. It seems like many 135 operations are increasing their pay and dropping their mins so getting twin turbine PIC time at 1200 hours and a liveable salary is attainable. You can also get ok pay and fly turbine PIC at drop zones with around and sometimes less than a 1000 hours at places like http://www.dropzone.com/classifieds...Pac750_pilot_in_sunny_California__168818.html

Aerial survey can pay pretty well and you might want to try on with Air America as I think one of their pilots took a shortened contract that ends in January and the months to build a lot of time are nearly upon us. Flight instructing can be great too as long as you're flying for a good school and have some reliable students. There was an ad for Redbird here a few days ago that seemed pretty interesting. I've had a lot of friends that were CFIs in northern climates see their pay disappear during bad winters and it's very demoralizing having weather constantly shut you down.

I don't think 1500 is the magic number a lot of people are led to believe. It seems like many 135 operations are increasing their pay and dropping their mins so getting twin turbine PIC time at 1200 hours and a liveable salary is attainable. You can also get ok pay and fly turbine PIC at drop zones with around and sometimes less than a 1000 hours at places like http://www.dropzone.com/classifieds...Pac750_pilot_in_sunny_California__168818.html

Aerial survey can pay pretty well and you might want to try on with Air America as I think one of their pilots took a shortened contract that ends in January and the months to build a lot of time are nearly upon us. Flight instructing can be great too as long as you're flying for a good school and have some reliable students. There was an ad for Redbird here a few days ago that seemed pretty interesting. I've had a lot of friends that were CFIs in northern climates see their pay disappear during bad winters and it's very demoralizing having weather constantly shut you down.

Very true....I got hired into the Lear with just over 1000hrs making a decent wage and home quite a bit, especially for a 135 operator. 1500 is only for those who slacked off like myself waiting for the airline slot......but that's gonna be a tough pill to swallow if I take that leap with the pay cut. It will take me till year 4 at the regionals to make what I'm making now.

Derek

I can't speak for seaport but I know you must already hold your ATP If you plan to fly single pilot passenger operations at Cape Air. Instead I got hired by a cargo operator flying turbine twins for 2x the pay Cape air captains makes and I don't have an ATP. WIN WIN!

I can't speak for seaport but I know you must already hold your ATP If you plan to fly single pilot passenger operations at Cape Air. Instead I got hired by a cargo operator flying turbine twins for 2x the pay Cape air captains makes and I don't have an ATP. WIN WIN!

I heard they are hiring some pilots with at least 800 hrs, at the Cape Air. I wouldn't mind working for a cargo company either. I have a about 1.5 years to take my ATP checkride before my atp part 121 written expires.

Seaport just got a few more routes for the record. I'm sure they will need pilots to accommodate these new routes.

They will be flying into sacramento and Visalia California next month...
** I think **

Cargo making 60k a year?

A 60k salary sounds great right now, even 40k would be good for a pilot position. Don't know of any positions that pay such amount for pilots with 800-1500hrs.

I imagine that's a Captain salary- so guys with 135 mins (1200+ hrs). FO's start lower (20-30's I believe) like most 135 SIC's.

A 60k salary sounds great right now, even 40k would be good for a pilot position. Don't know of any positions that pay such amount for pilots with 800-1500hrs.
I'm pretty lucky as I just got hired on with a company with 445hrs, 34k salary initially with possibilities of up to ~40k after probationary period. And if I am on the road, I get per diem which is $50/night and non-taxed. So there is a pretty good possibility I could be in 40's to upper 50's for the year, not including any bonuses if I travel a lot. And that's for flying a Cessna 206/310.

I'm pretty lucky as I just got hired on with a company with 445hrs, 34k salary initially with possibilities of up to ~40k after probationary period. And if I am on the road, I get per diem which is $50/night and non-taxed. So there is a pretty good possibility I could be in 40's to upper 50's for the year, not including any bonuses if I travel a lot. And that's for flying a Cessna 206/310.
That's a good salary, I hope I can find something like that pretty soon.

Seaport just got a few more routes for the record. I'm sure they will need pilots to accommodate these new routes.

They will be flying into sacramento and Visalia California next month...
** I think **

will they open a northern CA base?

I have been working for SeaPort for a little while now, yes we are growing pretty fast and are working on new ways to extend ops on the west coast. Right now the bulk of the flying is out of MEM, we have many EAS routes out of there and pilots based there are usually just shy of 120 / mo.

As far as West Coast bases are concerned, I do not think the bases will change as they are currently PDX and SAN. It would be awesome to see routes from those two bases converge though! If anyone has questions about SeaPort you can PM me.

Back