Cannot seem to get back

E-ADX

I have a dispatcher license with ETOPS certification, though no work experiences, and a FCC GROWL plus a B.S. in Professional Aeronautics, with minors in Management and Aviation Safety from ERAU.

Have been applying to jobs in the U.S. for months now and cannot seem to get a so much as a phone interview.

I am a U.S. Citizen though I lived right now in Germany, could that be reason?

Any advice for a newbie tiring to come home

Im sure that living overseas has something to do with it.

Curious if you have authorization to live/work over there? If so there are several companies that hire FAA licensed dispatchers.

Well, I do have the right to live and work in Germany, just as much as I do in the US. Problem here is that my grasp of the language keeps me out of the interview process sometimes. I did get on with VistaJet right after Dispatcher school, but we had an issue getting me visa for Malta, so no dice there even though I was offered the job. The other Flight Operation Officers (Dispatcher) position I never heard from them. One though, Air Cargo Germany, did call me in for an interview, but told me that I'm not qualified to be a Flight Operations Officer.

So I have kinda set my sights on going home. However still keeping an eye on Germany and Europe.

I have not seen that many jobs for Flight Dispatcher in Europe, partly because they like to use the term Flight Operations Officer, sounds cool but not legal authority like that of a Dispatcher. I might not be looking in the right areas. I welcome any suggestions.

I had a friend who dispatched for Ethiad, who could not get any calls back for positions he applied to in the US while he was there. He finally quit and moved back and found a dispatcher job within a month. I don't know why US companies are reluctant to hire US citizens if they are living overseas but that was how things went for him - so, if you want a job in the US, it may be best to move back here. European companies seem more willing to hire worldwide so it wouldn't eliminate that option for you either. Just my thoughts based on my friend's experience.

I had a friend who dispatched for Ethiad, who could not get any calls back for positions he applied to in the US while he was there. He finally quit and moved back and found a dispatcher job within a month. I don't know why US companies are reluctant to hire US citizens if they are living overseas but that was how things went for him - so, if you want a job in the US, it may be best to move back here. European companies seem more willing to hire worldwide so it wouldn't eliminate that option for you either. Just my thoughts based on my friend's experience.

Sorry to stray off topic. But I'm intrigued why he wanted to leave?? I come to find out the UAE does not want to hire as many Americans (save Pilots) as they have during the previous years while their economy was exploding because now they realize they can hire Indians and pay them half of what they would have to pay Americans :-(

Sorry to stray off topic. But I'm intrigued why he wanted to leave?? I come to find out the UAE does not want to hire as many Americans (save Pilots) as they have during the previous years while their economy was exploding because now they realize they can hire Indians and pay them half of what they would have to pay Americans :-(

It would take me a long time to explain why he wanted to leave, but he said it was a combination of a lot of little things. He also mentioned that his airline had figured out that if they changed work rules and such arbitrarily, Westerners would complain and try and get the unfair things stopped, while people from the subcontinent (India, Pakistan, etc.) would just tolerate the abuses. Also, he never got a pay raise the entire time he was there. If you want more details, PM me and I'll give you a link to his blog - good reading for anyone considering a move there.

Well it is a funny the place I'm in. I cannot get in to job in the states as long as I'm here Germany and I cannot get a job in Germany without starting at the very very very bottom. I mean the bottom show up at the airport ask for job doing anything. Which means I might be able to work my way into a Dispatcher position in a 2 or 3 years though they really don't have these position here to the level that they are in the states. So I guess my next step after graduation (April) is to move back to states then find a job. I hope there will be dispatcher jobs open when I get there.

I hope there will be dispatcher jobs open when I get there.

Oh, there are always dispatcher jobs open somewhere or another. It just varies how long it takes to find one but I wouldn't worry about job availability.

Airlines in the Middle East are hiring Dispatchers (especially those with an FAA Certificate) - FlyDubai, Gult Air, even Emirates was hiring recently for a FAA Certificated Dispatcher... You can always try that if you want to.

FYI - if your on Twitter, you can look up Flight Dispatcher and there are several Dispatch opportunities listed throughout Europe and the Middle East.

Also, most FBOs in the UK have a licensed DX for the NA Tracks for corporate/personal pilot information sources. For some reason I think they are also around OMDB/OMAA/OMAL/OEJD.

UK I do not have issue with but it is sometimes a closed market because they want you to have Visa for working prior to applying. At any rate Europe is teetering on financial recession and I fear that things are about to get worst with high unemployment rates in just about all EU zones countries. Examples, Portugal, Spain, Greece, and Ireland currently each something between 25-50% unemployment.

As that happens these countries begin more and more to protect there own and close boarders by increasing the restrictions for visas. Decade ago I applied to the Dublin Fire Department. No issue then as they even stated that if I was accepted they would assist me in all the visa issues. Today you could hardly even hold a conversation with them much less get them to say the same thing.

If I were you, I'd just stop putting my mailing address on my resume and get a US google voice number that just forwards to your current phone.

I have though that or at least having a second phone line installed at parents address in the states and have automatic forwarded over. The fun question here what do I do when they ask they ask me to come for interview and they find out that I am on the other side of the world drop of the hat ticket that is about 1300-1800 dollars.

At any rate I think the best options is that I make planes to move back this summer as soon as the current term is over.

Back