Can I afford to teach at Van Nuys?

I agree with your assessment of that neighborhood, but keep in mind that less than 10 mi. away are nice areas. I've lived the Crescenta Valley area for over thirty years and I like it.

Problem is, crime doesn't confine itself to little area bound by streets and blocks. Yeah, some neighborhoods are worse than others, but it spills over into nicer neighborhoods, and even nicer cities. I live about 15-20 miles outside of Johns area, to the north west completely outside of SFV, in another valley. We still deal with the BS that is SFV from time to time. And example would be I was at ny storage unit yesterday. As I was in the elevator on my way up, someone had tagged(scratched) into the paint inside the elevator "VSV" which is a local spin-off gang from SFV. We have to have a graphiti task force here in my town to get rid of it. They are REALLY good, usually removing or painting over it within less than 24 hours. But, they are busy people.

There is an opening for a full-time CFI in Fresno, CA right now. This can get you to the west coast plus we have a fantastic training environment for teaching (easy practice area access, class C airspace). We have enough demand to get you ramped up full time quickly.

You forgot to mention the 100+ degrees every day in the summer coupled with flying around in a bubble canopy.

Man I hate Fresno.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus that ate your iPhone.

Back