Called back up to the big leagues

So I don't post a lot of personal stuff here. I started my career at ZNY Oceanic in 2010, it took nearly four and a half years, but I failed to complete my training there and they sent me down to the minors (AGC). Turns out the radar is not for me, but I love the tower. Training here went a lot more smoothly and after another 4.5, three at full performance and 2 as a trainer myself it is time to move on. Today is my last day at AGC. It is a bit surreal with the pandemic, I haven't seen 2/3 of my colleagues, my mentors and friends in two months. It is not the exit I envisioned.

However, I am happy to announce that the reason for my exit is that I've been called back up to New York, this time to JFK. Although the new normal is cause for a lot of uncertainty as far as training at my new tower, I am excited for the opportunity and am looking forward to working some large jets and no doubt talking to some of you again eventually.
It was great meeting you, and it’s great to have you back up north. Sorry if you ever have to talk to me on the radio.

Back