California Pacific Airlines hiring

flynryan692

The new start up is hiring for dispatch. I know nothing about it, this was posted in a facebook group.

Good Afternoon,
California Pacific Airlines/ADI will be conducting interviews next week for dispatch. The headquarters is located in Kennesaw, GA. We will conduct interviews in person and via the web for people out of town. If you’re interested, please send your resume to sharris@mycpair.com or fpineda@mycpair.com.

Thank you

California Pacific finally gave up the fight with the FAA and just bought a certificate. The guy running CPA has been trying for YEARS AND YEARS to get it running, first with EMB-120's, then with 175's. Looks like he finally succeeded and bought ADI (or what is left of them).

Is Carlsbad still going to be the hub? LOL.

Weird that most of the hyperlinks do t even work on the webpage.

Guess they are in the VERY BEGINNING stages of this.

Good luck to all those of you gambling on these guys. :)

Wish you all the best success.

Well our last carrier at CRQ made it a hair over 90 days - a solid 30 days longer than anyone thought they would.

But thanks to them the entire airport went full TSA, and you know once the TSA gets an airport they never let it go.

Between that and Atlantic buying up all their competition and charging typical Atlantic rates while giving typical Atlantic service, the airport has pretty much turned into about as an enjoyable experience as going to the DMV.

I hope no one ends up out of a job, but if you're considering this as a dispatcher, pilot, FA, maintenance, whatever - please explore the endless other options both in SoCal and elsewhere. The pilot pay is a joke, I can't imagine the dispatcher pay is any better.

When I first got hired at my current carrier - there was a guy in my class who was one of the first dispatchers that was helping write manuals, he was a old America West guy.

The story he told me is that the local FSDO/POI was a general aviation guy and did not know anything about 121/135 operations.
He stated that they failed some of their runs because they did not have life vest on the planes when it was going over water on
take off and not continuously flying more than 50nm and less than 162nm , so it sounds like they has to move the certificate because of the lack of knowledge from the local FSDO.

Good luck to those who apply

Disco Stew says it’s probably a good idea to avoid this place like the plague.
bd4d2ac83ae009300cff4e32694e77b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As someone who spent a little under 3 years at ADI, in fact it was my first dispatch job, I can say this... you will work under the best boss I've ever had the pleasure of knowing, a true leader and motivator. Starting pay when I hired on was $40,000/yr, salary. It's a rather cushy 4 on/4 off schedule - and it's in a nice area north of Atlanta. The dispatchers are in CASS, though I am not sure of any reciprocal agreements that are current.

The strangest comment here is IamNeegan's - I can only assume he was talking about the old California Pacific Airlines... we never had a dispatcher from America West, and as I was the dispatcher for all of ADI's FAA proving runs for it's 121 Domestic certification that occurred in 2015, I can say that no failures occurred during any of the situations presented to us.

Overall I considered it a worthwhile experience and for those looking for their first jobs in the field, it could be right for you... you'll get well acquainted with all facets of the industry probably in short order, hell you may even get to wear the hat of crew scheduler, travel coordinator, catering procurer, and FBO notifier!

Hello Dispatch Peeps, Just want to put a word for ADI/CPA.

From someone who has worked there since the beginning, I can tell you we have worked with extremely fantastic folks in our OCC. We've hired dispatchers with experience and hired dispatchers straight out of school. We have a very good operation and for folks on their first dispatch Job, we offer a fantastic environment for you to get up to speed quick and if you feel like spreading your wings, I support that. We had one dispatcher who worked diligently, studied and sought anyway to help the operation grow. He was promoted to to ATS. He moved on to dispatching his dream huge aircraft, when that time came, we supported him. We have another dispatcher (which we hired straight out of school) who is being courted by one of the majors. We take pride in that. Consider the situation; we can prep someone to that level then see him off - its a great feeling and opens the door for another dispatcher trying hard to get in the door (lots of dispatchers out there who walked away cause they couldn't get hired somewhere or end up fake dispatching at a 135 operation). Some folks want to climb some like to stick around and grow. Whichever the case may be, I support them. Every supervisor should have that attitude.

We did a merger acquisition with California Pacific Airlines, they have resources, we have experience. We historically operated in the 121 Supplemental world, we entered into the EAS market a couple of years ago and passed proving runs first time around because we had experience. We ran our supplemental operations like it was a domestic operation. On our first EAS contract we had outstanding loadfactors, on time performance and reliability factors that lead to being awarded the contract a second term (thru 2020). We outperformed the previous carrier several times over. California Pacific Acquisition/Merger is a strategic move to start an organic scheduled service and diversify our operation between east coast charters, mid US EAS and west coast domestic service. Our ONLY relationship with GreatLakes - they provided us with ground support services and reservation systems. As of this summer, when they stopped operating ground support as well, we hired on all their station folks and as of last month, we stood up our own reservations department. For the name GreatLakesJetExpress? We adapted the name as a marketing solution. GreatLakes operated, for years, the EAS routes they operated. There was initial customer confusion when we took over the routes because "Aerodynamics" sounds more like a manufacturing firm than it does an airline so the GLJE name as a marketing/branding tool was incorporated and it worked very well.

So for all of you that may be interested, send us an email with your resume, or you could go by the information of people who like to be experts and curators of operations they've never worked for. And yes, we do practice planning by hand - any dispatcher worth their salt should visit that occasionally.

Anywho, thank you all for the conversation stream above. Keep doing what you're doing; them flyboys depend on us =)
Be safe and be blessed my dispatch bros and sis'.

The strangest comment here is IamNeegan's - I can only assume he was talking about the old California Pacific Airlines... we never had a dispatcher from America West, and as I was the dispatcher for all of ADI's FAA proving runs for it's 121 Domestic certification that occurred in 2015, I can say that no failures occurred during any of the situations presented to us.

I figured he was lying...

@IamNegan
I was given the opportunity months after finishing Dispatch School to come onboard as “seasonal” help at ADI because of the high volume of flights i.e. NCAA, NASCAR, MLS during the winter months. Not only was I offered a very, very hefty starting salary but the opportunity to receive experience as a 121/121S carrier with absolutely NO ON THE JOB TRAINING was huge! Now, if you were to compare that salary to the starting pay of fellow classmates that were hired by ExpressJet straight out of class at a mere $16.00 an hour, coupled with the fact that these classmates planned, dispatched, flight followed, and were legally responsible for at least 20 flights per shift....I’d say that was a damn good come-up for myself. Let’s also take into consideration not only the knowledge I learned, but as well as the one-on-one coachings and experience that was received from a literal Pro and original in the aviation industry...one who has been offered careers directly from the FAA, and who turned these positions down due to his passion and not only for his dispatchers, but for our company. He’s our OCC supervisor, and as mentioned above, not only is he my immediate supervisor, but the true definition of a leader I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with. He is one of the most respectable, most honorable, most loyal, and quite frankly one of the industries most intelligent resources out there. So let me clarify- CPAir will succeed, CPAir will become SWA’s next competitor...so for any of you doubting, any of you talking mad junk, and any of you hoping to join our Airline in the future...just remember these posts on a community forum on the internet never get deleted.

Back