CAL Announcement????

brewpilot

So I remember in a certain crew message board eariler this month from a man called H.M. that CAL is going to have a big announcement later in Sept. about where they plan on sending those new Q's we're getting. Just wondering?? Oh wait maybe they'll tell us on the 30th since its still not the end of the month. :dunno:

So I remember in a certain crew message board eariler this month from a man called H.M. that CAL is going to have a big announcement later in Sept. about where they plan on sending those new Q's we're getting. Just wondering?? Oh wait maybe they'll tell us on the 30th since its still not the end of the month. :dunno:

Do me a favor and ask the question again on the board.

Thanks for sharing.... By the way I wouldn't be too excited about your "new" shiny airplanes, the more of them out there, the less likely it will be that you will be able to move on to a decent airline. Have you looked at your 75 seat pay?

Thanks for sharing.... By the way I wouldn't be too excited about your "new" shiny airplanes, the more of them out there, the less likely it will be that you will be able to move on to a decent airline. Have you looked at your 75 seat pay?
:deadhorse:?

What a buzz-kill dude. Nobody cares anymore. Everyone is working on "making things better."

No let's get back to it....They'll probably go to IAH, the George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
Any guess on what upgrade time will become once they get online?

What a buzz-kill dude. Nobody cares anymore. Everyone is working on "making things better."

No let's get back to it....They'll probably go to IAH, the George Bush Intercontinental Airport.

Upgrade will be 2.5 years...even after they get online.

Colgan is not the quick upgrade it used to be at this moment, we have FO's on 4th year pay, which is pretty long by Colgan standards and our most junior FO is Sep 08.

With that being said, the pay and work rules are bad and I'm hopeful that our negotiating committee can do some good for us.

And who is it you work for exactly? Just curious?

And who is it you work for exactly? Just curious?

It's ok... everybody knows the big bad secret about regionals here... no need to rehash this again.

The more we fly, the less they fly. It's the way it will always be, until there are more people wanting to fly, then there are seats flying.

They'll probably go to IAH, the George Bush Intercontinental Airport.

Probably about the same time it takes for my company to recall all 347 of our furloughs. So basically you guys will be flying a bigger airplane, at LOWER rates than us, on routes that we used to fly...Nice.

You'd think/hope that Colgan is a bit leery of low time upgrades now...

if nothing else to avoid bad PR

If those airplanes that are supposed to come in 2010 - 2011 make it here, we will have plenty of FO's with enough time to upgrade. Even now we have 3 - 4 year FO's. They did hire some high time FO's for the Q. The upgrade times have gone up though. Not what they used to be. Not sure if that's because of 3407 or the lack of movement in the industry, or both.

If those airplanes that are supposed to come in 2010 - 2011 make it here, we will have plenty of FO's with enough time to upgrade. Even now we have 3 - 4 year FO's. They did hire some high time FO's for the Q. The upgrade times have gone up though. Not what they used to be. Not sure if that's because of 3407 or the lack of movement in the industry, or both.

15+1 aircraft is significant. That means they are looking for at least 75 CA's. I've looked a few times, and I don't see many FO's with time looking to cover that.

Probably about the same time it takes for my company to recall all 347 of our furloughs. So basically you guys will be flying a bigger airplane, at LOWER rates than us, on routes that we used to fly...Nice.

You were a whiner at Aviator and you're a whiner now. The only difference is I liked what you said back then, now it's just rubbish.

It's a cycle- Colgan will be the next place to be. In 10 years it will begin the cycle again and Colgan will get undercut by some new bottom feeder.

You know whats funny? ExpressJet undercut AWAC and ASA for the LAX Delta flying a couple of years ago...you folks seemed to think that was okay. I believe XJT guys are mostly good, but the bad apples like you make your entire pilot group look bad. Even your own union leaders admit that XJT was just like Colgan when it started. I know for a FACT that you didn't fight for that contract. The Colgan guys are fighting for a new contract. They will raise the bar.

Until then the bashing will continue.

You were a whiner at Aviator and you're a whiner now. The only difference is I liked what you said back then, now it's just rubbish.

It's a cycle- Colgan will be the next place to be. In 10 years it will begin the cycle again and Colgan will get undercut by some new bottom feeder.

You know whats funny? ExpressJet undercut AWAC and ASA for the LAX Delta flying a couple of years ago...you folks seemed to think that was okay. I believe XJT guys are mostly good, but the bad apples like you make your entire pilot group look bad. Even your own union leaders admit that XJT was just like Colgan when it started. I know for a FACT that you didn't fight for that contract. The Colgan guys are fighting for a new contract. They will raise the bar.

Until then the bashing will continue.

must of flown 6044T too much!

Back