byebye Maury Way

Hey Disgruntled, for the record I never spent a dime on lunch or candy, and I do not need to kiss anyones ass for a 100, or a passing grade for that matter. Instead of playing the ol, I got an A, the teacher gave me an F BS, why dont you try hitting the books and honing the skills a little bit more. An examiner with 20000+ hours knows what kind of pilot you are before he even steps in the plane with you. My first double 100 was the first time I ever met the guy. Arrogance and disrespect of your peers will not get you very far in this industry, or any other for that matter. Have a nice day Iceman.

I had him for a check ride and failed it. Oh well, it was a learning experience.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I had Maury for step 3 and CFII. The day of my step 3 checkride (ME PVT) maury was running an hour and a half behind. Like that ever happened
smile.gif
. We did the flight first and then headed to yep you guessed it, the Atlantic Grill at KFPR for the oral. It was kind of funny because I had never met him before that day. I was caught off gaurd when he said, are you buying? I said, are you smoking crack? You better get that fat wallet out of your pocket and he started laughing. Well needless to say he bought my lunch. When we headed back to Vero I thought damn I should have paid...I'm screwed... When he signed my log he said "job well done" and I ended up with 90/90. A year later I came back to FSA for my II/MEI and had my II ride with Maury. I wasn't really nervous since I had just trained with Mr ASA himself, Shane Johnson and felt very prepared. Maury played the role of a very bad student for the last approach and man I'll tell you that guy will do EVERYTHING wrong when he plays the student. The ride was a success. I had a lot of fun flying with him. Ended up with 90/90 on the II as well. Maury was in good spirits the two rides I had with him. He definitely knows his stuff. He can qoute the FAR's word for word. I found that out during my II. He will even point out the loop holes in every FAR. I told him he should go into aviation law.

Good luck Maury, I enjoyed flying with you....

For those of you who are looking for an instructor, especially for instrument/II, I would highly recommend Shane Johnson. Shane is a great guy and will make sure you know everything about instruments. Nothing gets left out...ILS

I stand corrected!

I appreciate your insight and point of view.

Why did you thank him for your 100's in your previous post, you earned them!

Hey Disgruntled, I guess I might of went a little overboard in my post there, I just took it kind of personal because of how hard I worked for all of my ratings there. I thanked him because he told me most other check airman would not give 100's no matter how good you flew with them.

I never flew with Maury but he helped me pass the ground school portion of standardization. He also helped a lot when I came down for my interview in a borrowed C172 and got a stuck valve.

He was one of the friendliest faces around VRB.

Best of luck to him. It's FSA's loss.

Back