Bye bye Medevac

Welcome to day 1 of being fruitfully unemployed!
You have one day to enjoy, and do your thing, after that you have to knock out the honey do list before you’re off to training!
🙂

Welcome to day 1 of being fruitfully unemployed!
You have one day to enjoy, and do your thing, after that you have to knock out the honey do list before you’re off to training!
🙂
Ha! We just got the inspection done on our addition so this week is going to be shuffling basically every room in our house. Had no break from the honeydos.
Are you ok with having to shave?

Congrats :)
Actually got kinda used to it during Covid. Although I did give up shaving in July when I got the job offer so I had quite the squirrels nest going (see Halloween costume thread)

I loved the job, but man, there were days where it felt like I was pitching, batting, catching, fielding, an running bases all myself

So I see medevac and being a regional CA back in the day are the same job, except it was pretty much every day. No wonder I STILL have no desire to upgrade 8+ years later...

'Bout time they put you in a class!

So I see medevac and being a regional CA back in the day are the same job, except it was pretty much every day. No wonder I STILL have no desire to upgrade 8+ years later...

'Bout time they put you in a class!
I’m just glad I missed medevac deicing season in southeast this year.

He has done nothing to deserve that!

Me, when I see a Corpie on my pairing ;)

IMG-9413.jpg

Congrats! It can be bittersweet to move on, depending on where you are leaving and where you are going. Going from a regional to a legacy, bittersweet. Going from FedEx to PSA, not so much.

Congrats! Medevac is such a rewarding part of aviation. I’m sure you have great and somber memories from over the years.
Thanks! Bittersweet is a great way to put it. Being part of a tight knit base with not a lot of turnover on the medical side it really does feel like leaving a family. It was truly an honor to have the implicit trust of the medical crews and to transport patients (on several occasions including our friends and neighbors) for the last 6 years. Though there were certainly warts, mostly related to the 135 operator I worked for at this program, I can honestly say that at the end I was still truly happy to go back to work after a stint of days off and regardless of what time of night the pager went off or how crappy the weather was I was a little excited to go hop in the plane.

Thanks! Bittersweet is a great way to put it. Being part of a tight knit base with not a lot of turnover on the medical side it really does feel like leaving a family. It was truly an honor to have the implicit trust of the medical crews and to transport patients (on several occasions including our friends and neighbors) for the last 6 years. Though there were certainly warts, mostly related to the 135 operator I worked for at this program, I can honestly say that at the end I was still truly happy to go back to work after a stint of days off and regardless of what time of night the pager went off or how crappy the weather was I was a little excited to go hop in the plane.
I miss throwing a jumper over my sweatpants.

Congrats man! Welcome to the 121 side, where you realize de-icing is just more time to sip the coffee while getting paid.

I loved the job, but man, there were days where it felt like I was pitching, batting, catching, fielding, an running bases all myself
Are you saying you didn’t enjoy doing the flight plans, GenDecs, eAPIS, hotels, catering and rental cars?

Congrats! I’ll echo what ScreemingEmu said, it’s pretty damn easy, unless wx craps the bed, you divert, dispatch forgets about you and you end up at your alternate with no stairs and an inop APU, not to mention dispatch is pissed you ended up at your alternate - which they filed.

Back