Buying an aircraft

FlySooner9

Hey folks, the company im working for is looking at buying a plane to add to our fleet. Budget is about 90-100k. Were looking for a single engine, complex, high performance. Some of the ideas i have come up with are Piper Lance, A-36 Bonanza, 182RG, C210, M231. Any input you guys have would be very helpful.

parts commonality, space etc... I recommend the lance. 182 if your actually looking to climb, or land in a tight space.

Mooneys are small, but fun, 210 depending on the year/model can have issues, but so can any other. More than a few rampies have miss fueld the 210 due to it's bladders, same can be said for the mooeny. Never flown an A-36

Hey folks, the company im working for is looking at buying a plane to add to our fleet. Budget is about 90-100k. Were looking for a single engine, complex, high performance. Some of the ideas i have come up with are Piper Lance, A-36 Bonanza, 182RG, C210, M231. Any input you guys have would be very helpful.

Check your PMs.

being available for trips and possibly doing a little commercial training in as well.

Depends on the kinds of trips. If your looking for something that can haul cargo, be used for commercial training, and is affordable to rent I'm not sure you can beat the 182RG.
Mooneys are nice, but not real cargo haulers. More of a haul a few people fast airplane. Insurance will probably run higher in a Mooney (depending on the mode). 210 is great for cargo, not as great for commercial when you look at operating costs (compared to some of the others). A36 is great all around airplane, just going to be more expensive than a 182 to operate. Probably comparable to a 210. Lance is probably there with the 182RG- probably the same operating costs and same mission. To me if I got it down to those two it would depend on what my money could purchase and how it fits into the other airplanes in the fleet.

being available for trips and possibly doing a little commercial training in as well.
If I was to buy a plane it would probably be a Cherokee 6. It will take 5 friends and golf clubs with 3.5-4 hours of endurance no problem while burning ~15 GPH and it's practically impossible to load it out of limits. It's not a retract so you won't be able to do initial commercials in it. A 206 with a lycoming would be another good choice.

Cherokee six for pure load hauling and don't want to get anywhere fast, 182RG to haul a moderate load in a reasonable amount of time, A36 to haul a moderate load and haul A$$. Cessna RG's have gear saddle issues so pay close attention to that.

Thought a lot about this one...what would make a good aircraft for you, under $100k. I tried to put all personal bias aside, and came up with two types, both of which could be purchased in the $90-$100k range.

114-1439_img.jpg

C19520N195WB.jpg

Mooneys are decent for moving people fast but they are not very good commercial trainers. Unfortunately that is what we use for our commercial students.

Thought a lot about this one...what would make a good aircraft for you, under $100k. I tried to put all personal bias aside, and came up with two types, both of which could be purchased in the $90-$100k range.

114-1439_img.jpg

I vote for this one, I'm bias though, we have two on my airpark

Back