busted checkrides

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[Oh that's HUGELY retarded.

The checklist is a checklist and not a do-list, for the most part.

Having the position lights on prior to engine start isn't a safety related thing. In fact, it probably fosters more safety because people on the ramp will have an easier time visually avoiding the aircraft during engine start.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. Like I said, I hate these MORONIC DEs that give examiners bad names because they evaluate TECHNIQUE rather than evaluating PROCEDURE.

Idiots like this guy piss me off. Would love to take a number of them for a good strangling.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol...why strangle when you can strafe?
grin.gif

back to the thread, I sank the money ball on all my ratings.Everything well within standards (particularily smooth weather of my IA checkride ...lucky) But on my CFI I would have flunked myself. I had just aced the 7 hour oral (nasty stuff , and it this point I figured I had one of those "crazy dpe's"). I skipped lunch because Ice was coming in FAST and I had to somehow get a 2 -3 hour checkride done and a 2 hour flight home when visibility is dropping like crazy and it'll be dark (winter in Iowa) in 3 hours plus ice ice ice. All that was on my mind was flying home solo at night in a confirmed ice/wind storm (that was 3 hours away) in the mighty arrow. Dumbassness is pretty common when you don't eat, because I never thought about the possibility of sleeping on the FBO couch. Annnnyyyyway, right off the bat at 50agl he pulls the throttle and I'm staring at the weather coming in , and I do all my stuff except put the gear back down. He tells me "that at a big airport I should leave the gear down till there is no way to make it back down to the runway and he says it's probably a bad habit I get from flying out of xyz 2500foot runway airport, and that I should be concerned with the checkride and not the weather". He read my mind and then I did everything else fine and he let me pass. I wouldnt have blamed him it he didn't but I think that was pretty cool on his part since he is supposed to be flunking CFI applicants.

Up here in the great white north we have the privelege of having to do IFR recurrency rides every two years to keep our ratings. So if you bust one, you get a big old stamp on your license that says your instrument priveleges are suspended. I heard one story of a pilot who had his recurrency ride coming up, and asked another pilot to sit right seat and do the radio work etc. This is a pretty common occurence, the examiner sits in the back and just tells them what he wants to see next. Anyways, they are flying a navajo with a really lousy DG, it wanders, the pilot doesn't catch it, blows an approach and gets his IR suspended. Then the examiner turns to the guy riding right seat, asks for his license, and suspends his instrument rating too. Ouch.

[ QUOTE ]
Then the examiner turns to the guy riding right seat, asks for his license, and suspends his instrument rating too.

[/ QUOTE ]

...at which point both pilots jumped out of the aircraft and ran in opposite directions with the belief that the DE can, at most, catch only one of them.
laugh.gif

"Cheese it, the feds!!!"

Back