bush landing on Long Island this week??

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]We blame whatever President is responsible for the individual Bullsh*t!!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever that is ridiculous, you want to fly right up to Air Force One and take a picture?

[/ QUOTE ]

With the lack of proper punctuation, I had a little bit of trouble understanding that one....
tongue.gif

What's wrong, Griff?

I'm not writing an english paper! Just making another comment about another one of your stupid one's. What's wrong about what? Are you grading post's here?

Griff, it sounds as if you don't like me very much. I'd like to be your friend - can't we be friends? What is it about me that you don't like?

I think he doesn't like the thing with the guitar you are using for the avitar. Those things tend to get extreme reactions from people.
smile.gif

The presidential travel happens to be the reason for this TFR. If it was a space shuttle launch, or landing, or whatever other number of reasons, you would have a similar TFR going on. I wouldn't blame one of the passengers on the shuttle if I lived in FL on a landing or takeoff day, and wanted to fly.

Bush was in the bay area for a few hours last week, I had to cancel a scheduled day, because I was within the 10-30NM zone. No big deal. If I wanted to do it that bad, I could have flown out 20NM further, under a filed plane, then done the training out of that area. Or rescheduled for an few hours later. Things were only an issue around here for about 4 or 5 hours. Just happened to be that is when I had scheduled the plane (and didn't check notams until later, duh, stupid on my part).

I'd much rather have these little TFRs here and there, now and then, than not being able to fly at all.

[ QUOTE ]
Griff, it sounds as if you don't like me very much. ... What is it about me that you don't like?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you've just hit a nerve, that's all. Ya know, those Texans not only helped elect him president, they also elected him governor! Oh, the shame! I'd be a little sensitive about it if I were from Texas, too.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Griff, it sounds as if you don't like me very much. ... What is it about me that you don't like?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you've just hit a nerve, that's all. Ya know, those Texans not only helped elect him president, they also elected him governor! Oh, the shame! I'd be a little sensitive about it if I were from Texas, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken!!

Well, Griff...if I've offended you in any way, I really do apologize. I know you haven't been here around the forums long, but I'm a nice guy, and I certainly don't go out of my way to piss people off. I just like a good discussion every now and then - be it about politics, NDB approaches or the hottest video card on the market! I've had alot of worldy experiences (as have alot of the JC'ers), and I like to share that!!

So, please - let the past go....let's be friends! Truce?

Oh, yeah - if you're gonna serve in the military and defend this country, grow some thicker skin and quit whining like my daughter.

[ QUOTE ]
Ya know, those Texans not only helped elect him president, they also elected him governor! Oh, the shame! I'd be a little sensitive about it if I were from Texas, too.

[/ QUOTE ]Delete "a little sensitive" and replace it with "very proud" and you've got my actual feelings! I am very happy to have been a Bush constituent when he was governor of Texas ... that's one reason I had no problem voting for him the last time around!

JG, you need to take it easy on Lloyd! He's a good guy ... besides, like me he's suffered through eastern NC ... he's earned our sympathy! Plus, as a Marine (you're never an ex-Marine, right?) he's definitely earned our respect.

The TFRs are an unfortunate evil. They're a whole lot better than having all GA grounded forever, which you had darn well better believe would make some people in Washington perfect happy.

Excuse me, I feel the need to send a check to AOPA now ...

Thanks for the support, Russ! I really try not to upset anyone, but I do like to try to look at things from all of the possible angles.That's the only way to really understand something!!

damn, i'll miss you by like an hour or so, my flight isn't until 2, if we are there again at the same time i'd definitely be down for meeting up with you

well, i might actually still be there at 2. look for a guy whos real tall next to a plane that is green and white...low wing. i will probably have on a black jacket.

[ QUOTE ]
well, i might actually still be there at 2. look for a guy whos real tall next to a plane that is green and white...low wing. i will probably have on a black jacket.

[/ QUOTE ] haha ok will do

[ QUOTE ]
Griff, it sounds as if you don't like me very much. I'd like to be your friend - can't we be friends? What is it about me that you don't like?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok let's shake on it, hey after all, maybe i'll be your FO one day?

[ QUOTE ]

Ok let's shake on it, hey after all, maybe i'll be your FO one day?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or I might be yours...
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
For some reason I am nervous about two guys talking about "positions."

shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well at least its on a subject about bush landing.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For some reason I am nervous about two guys talking about "positions."

shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well at least its on a subject about bush landing.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bushy landing or, oh i don't know....ok ok had to get that out...well the TFR is over now
grin.gif

When i first saw the title i first thought about some guy in his cub/maule/stinson landing in the backwoods of long island.

Wanna hear a funny thing, the airport they landed Bush at is KFRG, Republic Airport. This airport is Class D with no controllers from 11PM to 7AM Nightly. The president landed in a 757 and was able to stop on a small runway built for props and learjets. The biggest thing I have seen is a SMALL 737-800 I believe it was. There hasnt been a real Jetliner or Jet there ever as far as I know.

HOW WAS IT STOPPED ON THAT SHORT OF A RUNWAY!!!!!!!!!
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Back