Brightline B7 bag

Goonie

Never say die
So every year I have to think of something for my parents to get me for Christmas even though I would rather them save the money. They insist every single year. I don't really need anything, but I got looking into this bag. Anyone here have anything good or bad to say about it? It seems pricey, but this is about what they spend on me. ($200.00)

Brightline-B7-Flight-Bag.jpg

I have the one with the flat pocket back. I want to say it's the step lower than the B7 but I absolutely love it!

I have an original Brightline and a new modular style Brightline. I had purchased my original a few years ago, then after the new style came out, my parents surprised me with one of those for Christmas last year.

They are both good bags, and if you get the modular version you can buy other modules to customize it for a particular trip. You can also detach sections during a trip to make your gear fit in smaller spaces etc. I sometimes just travel with part of the bag on out and back trips, and leave the section I keep hygiene or overnight gear in back home.

I liked the original bag a lot for cross country organization too when I was still training for my commercial cert too. Plenty of pockets for gear and charts, and I could put two headsets in the main compartment. But I like the new bag even more, because you can add those modules for clothing or bigger binders if you need to.

I haven't used the bags a lot, as until recently I was working mostly as a CFI with just a headset and a kneeboard. But the original bag has probably been on at least twenty trips, and it still looks brand new and seems pretty durable. I have only used the new bag twice, just because I didn't need to carry so much on the trips and already had the original bag packed for my normal short trips.

When I got the new bag last year, there was a minor manufacturing defect. A zipper pull was bent such that it would not stay attached to the metal part that does the zipping. I don't remember if I went to Brightline's website or if there was a return instruction packed with the bag, but I contacted the company and they sent two replacement zipper pulls back to me within a week from my discovering the problem. I don't think it even cost me a postage stamp.

So far, I really like the bags and haven't seen anything I like better. I get to the 121 world one day and have to drag a bag of flight binders and gear and a little rolling suitcase around big airport terminals, the Brightline bag probably won't fit on the rolling suitcase too well. So I will more than likely have to change bags. But if I am working 135 or 91, small FBOs and no big gear drags to do, or just personal flying, I would probably still use my Brightline bag.

Thanks @Beefy McGee ? haha

No, really, thanks for the info. Yeah I figured it would be a little big for lugging around the country, but for 7 day trips it will be nice to have the space for stuff that fill the suitcase.

I'm using this bag for 121. It works great! Much better for keeping track of gear and keeping your electronics safe when compared to the old boxy flight kits. I never have to fumble around looking for anything, and the modular construction is awesome. They sell some rubber O-rings that make it easy to attach to a rollaboard J-hook. Been using it for a year now and it's held up perfectly. Worth the cost.

I'm using this bag for 121. It works great! Much better for keeping track of gear and keeping your electronics safe when compared to the old boxy flight kits. I never have to fumble around looking for anything, and the modular construction is awesome. They sell some rubber O-rings that make it easy to attach to a rollaboard J-hook. Been using it for a year now and it's held up perfectly. Worth the cost.

As long as it can fit a average size jar of peanut butter and tube of ritz crackers then its money well spent.

Quick Question: Is it big enough to put a 13" laptop in? Its a thin laptop. (macbook)

As long as it can fit a average size jar of peanut butter and tube of ritz crackers then its money well spent.

Quick Question: Is it big enough to put a 13" laptop in? Its a thin laptop. (macbook)
I think you could fit a Mac in there. I fit 2 iPads in the gap between the 2 main sections, and there's still 3.5" from the top, and about 2" from the side. You could most likely fit it in the aft section. Watch their videos online, they show you a lot of great examples of how to set up different configurations and what you could fit in there.

Looks like the pic above proves you can fit that laptop.

@amorris311 nice! Same mac so looks like a perfect fit. And I think I have the same roller. Is that a LW stealth NG 22? Looks like it sits on it fine.

i tested the original for them...love it, still use it for my mil flying....i had one of these newer ones issued at my last base and right now i'm using it to hold my jepps until we get our ipads.

Back